Global Healthcare Company
- Collaborate with Corporate GTC Team and local resources, including Senior Management, Commercial, Logistics, Finance, Sourcing, etc., to drive strategic direction of trade compliance processes to ensure robust compliance management that meets current requirements of all countries and regions with which business is being conducted.
- Participate in regular meetings/trainings with the Corporate GTC Team and funnel down any communications and/or training to the relevant personnel within the region and communicate any issues requiring escalation to the Corporate GTC Team.
- Work with the Corporate GTC Team to implement companywide initiatives relating to GTC, e.g. the Global Trade Compliance Management System (GTCMS) and any automated GTC tools or systems implementations.
- Act as expert and keep abreast on local laws and regulations of the assigned region and provide leadership and training to all businesses with transactions to or from that region.
- Understand and address all US laws and regulations that pertain to the businesses operating in the region.
- Raise the overall level of knowledge and professionalism of import and export resources and leadership across the region and leverage best practices available from other Company programs.
- Ability to develop and conduct regular global trade compliance trainings across businesses and functions is required.
- Support sites in internal assessments, desk audits, completion of post audit follow-up actions and evaluate common themes in audits and develop programs to proactively address issues across sites in region.
- Manage regional level standards and processes including customer screening, import and export classification processes, compliance documentation, and listing of controlled products.
- Drive continuous process improvements to maximize customer delivery, quality, operational excellence and financial benefits associated with corporate standards and industry best practices.
- Mitigate risk to the organization through proactive process management ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Scientific policies, standards, and applicable laws in the area of import and export compliance.
- Interface with freight forwarders, relevant government agencies, custom brokers, internal and external customers on all matters pertaining to customs and import and export regulations.
- Support assigned tactical activities related to import/export operations and trade compliance, such as denied party screening, export licensing determination, HTS classification, audits, documentation preparation/review, and/or coordination of export shipments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation / Logistics, Business, Law, or International Trade, or an equivalent combination of university education and work experience
- 10+ years of experience in compliance management/Import-export operations with demonstrated experience managing compliance activities in a multi-national company.
- Must be proficient in Japanese and English.
- Must have experience with direct supervision of activities involving global import/export.
- Experience in logistics and possessing a Customs Brokers License and/or other related certifications a plus.
- Must possess solid judgment and ability to work autonomously from established goals and strategic direction - must be able to cope with multiple priorities and ambiguity.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Strong problem solving skills and the desire to learn and use PPI to improve process.
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills including the ability to develop and measure metrics develop complex logistics and transportation models, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Possesses strategic thinking and can look ahead and respond proactively - bias for action.
- Solid presentation, communications and influencing skills - demonstrated through both written and spoken communication & can work with other countries and cultures.
- A strong collaborative leadership style with proven ability to drive change across multiple organizational levels, functions, locations, and "dotted lines" into entities to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment to create buy in and implement processes.
7 Million 〜 8 Million Yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.