Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese required.
[Position] IT Manager
[Salary] 9~11million JPY
International Insurance Organisation
Role responsible for the IT deliveries in the Tokyo office. Working in alignment with the Regional IT team and Global IT Organization. Liaises with the Local and Regional business and 3rd party vendors, whilst contributing to the global/regional IT objectives and keeping the focus on the local day to day operations. Proactively provide vision and leadership to the Local IT team to align with global / regional / local strategy. Covers the local regulatory and market practice standards ensuring compliance of IT projects and operations
IT Operations Management
- Provide comprehensive service and support in respect of all IT requirements, including service desk, service level management, configuration, change, capacity, security and continuity management to local users.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Supports the planning and forecasting of the Japan IT budget as well as administer and maintain proper cost allocation processes
Risk Management, Compliance Management & Company Policies
- As the Local IT Manager be responsible for Risk Management and Compliance within IT
- Align IT risk management with enterprise-wide risk management ensuring cost effective minimization of operational risks
- Conducts analysis on whether IT policies/standards are being followed, follow up and apply in cases where necessary.
- Ensure IT compliance (incl. Security) with company policies/standards and local regulations.
- Report to IT management on results Implementation of Group initiatives, standards, policies and evolve the services provided
- Ability to develop and positively influence key, strategic position holders across other functions within the Tokyo office.
- Managing 3rd party service providers
- Work with the providers concerning capacity management and service levels
- Professional IT experience, ideally in Financial Services with knowledge on regulatory controlled environments (Minimum 5 to 7 years)
- Managing providers concerning performance, SLAs and innovation (Minimum 3 to 5 years)
- Experience managing teams through operations and delivery of IT Project(Minimum 5 to 7 years)
- Experience with AGILE practices (Minimum 1 to 3 years)
Education / Certifications
- Degree in IT or Business Administration
- Professional IT qualification preferred. E.G. ITIL certification
- Understanding of IT operational processes, process improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of common IT architectures, networks, servers, databases, applications, platforms and environments, specifically in insurance industry
- Track record to implement new methodologies or tools that need change management efforts in technology environment
- Communication & Presentation: Ability to express ideas and messages clearly, both written and verbally. Ability to "sell" an improvised or prepared audience winningstory
- Change Management: ability to transition individuals, teams, and the whole organization from a current state to a desired future state.
- Strategic Planning: Ability to develop, implement and communicate strategies to address important trends or changes in the business
- Analytic and Problem solving skills
- Business level English and fluent ~native level Japanese
Social insurance, Flextime (Core time 10am~3pm), full working from home during COVID-19.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave, Sick Leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology, Management