Note: Advanced level Japanese and Business level English required, and Pharmaceuticals or Life Sciences background strongly preferred.
Global Medical Device Firm
The IT Business Partner (BP) is responsible for understanding the business overall goals, requirements and objectives, assisting in the prioritization of business technology projects, ensuring that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment, and linking Japan IT strategy in support of the overall business/service line strategy. (BP role)
The IT BP acts as an advocate for the business. The IT BP works with business partners to understand business requirements, shape project requests, and provide a high-level estimate of the project effort and costs in cost-benefit analysis. The IT BP, works with global and local IT resources to identify solutions that match the business strategy with the technology strategy. (BA role)
The IT BP is also accountable for ensuring effective delivery and support of both infrastructure and applications that enable the business, coordinating project activities and required issue support. (PM role)
The key responsibilities include:
(as a Business Partner)
- Act as the primary point of contact / liaison between Business and IT in Japan and APAC & EM regions.
- Advise information technology solutions or service on Business strategy and general technology trends as a trusted advisor
- Understand the strategic business direction in an effort to identify opportunities for technology innovation.
- Provide leadership in a high growth business balancing financial commitments while leveraging our capabilities.
- Prioritize demand for assigned Business collaborating with architecture teams and resource managers to ensure project interdependencies are accounted for and resources able to fulfill demand.
- Ensure that organizational and business-related priorities are clearly and consistently communicated.
(as a Business Analyst)
- Responsible for leading the application development and support teams supporting their service line's applications.
- Takes the lead in developing solutions to solve issues
- Ensures that teams are adhering and supporting quality procedures and policies.
- Display role model leadership in areas of cyber security and quality.
- Collect business requirement and analyze business needs and suggest system improvements
- Work on system configuration and development to meet the business requirement
- Prepare for functional specifications for development, configuration and testing
- Validate and test configuration, support user testing and data migration
- Train the users and provide go-live support (if required)
- Respond to and address user requests via ticketing process
- Work closely and communicate with the APAC IT team or Corporate IT team.
- Comply with company's Global IT Policies and Procedures
(as a Project Manager)
- Responsible for leading the local project and support the global project as a local IT PM.
- Manage changes in the local project to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Facilitate decision-making and conflict resolution within the project teams and local functional management. Present decisions and recommendations at periodic project status review.
- Develop detailed project plans and ensure distribution of same to appropriate internal departments and personnel, and to external customers as required with support as needed.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Building strong relationships; excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Navigating a large IT department with a high number of technologies and technical disciplines.
- Facilitating innovation in business process and technical solution delivery.
- Experience leading a matrix team of professionals, and communicating with various levels of management is highly desired. Ability to work with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- More than 5 years working experience working with large scale business organization as IT enabler or Project Manager.
- Advanced level Japanese and Business level English
- Solid knowledge in ERP (SAP, JDE) or other core business application.
- More than 5 years working in the Pharmaceuticals or Life Sciences industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of information technology, engineering, computer science and / or business administration.
- Proven ability in a high growth business and developing teams to scale and deliver on commitments.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.