Note: This position requires native level Japanese language and applicants must currently be located in Japan to be considered
US Based Start -Up
About the Team:
We will be launching a business in the Japan Market and are seeking a Japan Head of Product.
As the founding product management leader of our Tokyo team, you will play a key role together and be a part of a global team helping local business grow. We're looking for people with deep market knowledge and excellent working relationships in Japan who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to make an impact in our community. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role:
This product leader will be head of product for Japan and create a best-in-class experience for all marketplace audiences and local partners.
You'll work among awesome engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment. You will talk with consumers, team members, and partners in Japan to identify their unique needs and develop a vision, strategy, and roadmap to win the market. Whether it's improving our product, CX, or launching businesses and categories for consumers, you will determine what is the fastest way to accelerate growth to win the market.
The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-company collaboration, and well-honed product judgment. Given nature of our business, this leader will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for how to win the market.
- Be the head of product for our new Tokyo product & engineering hub
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, operations, marketing, local markets. You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for how to win in Japan.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Establish, monitor, and measure success metrics after launch. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- Hire, manage, and lead a team of exceptional product managers and engineers based in Tokyo
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- Product instincts and an ability to balance user and business impact
- Launched and scaled a product both from 0
- Experience building an operationally-intensive product
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions
- Product management, engineering or marketing experience
- Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up is a plus
- Strong interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplaces
- Fluent in English. Japanese conversational fluency strongly preferred.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.