Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese required
Innovative Food Service Company
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- Vibrant and international team with diverse backgrounds
You are responsible for the operations of the FMCG warehouse and its maintenance and support. You will be accountable for achieving overall operating results consistent with individual and company performance goals. You will direct ongoing communication and collaboration with other departments (e.g. logistics) to ensure targets for product quality, service reliability, speed and accuracy are met.
- Build and lead warehouse team. You will be defining hiring needs, recruiting and managing a team of warehouse employees
- Create inclusive, challenging but comfortable working environment
- Manage warehouse personnel including manpower planning, team training and development
- Coordinate warehouse operations - inbound/outbound processing, picking & packing, inventory management, warehouse housekeeping
- Review and evaluate the performance data of all warehouse functions, address performance gaps, and take corrective action, as needed, to ensure the managers of each functional area deliver according to the set targets
- Work on solutions to scale, while overseeing the growth of our business. Your processes and projects will directly contribute to the city's growth
- Direct the adoption and use of improved processes and new technology solutions
- Oversee record keeping, inspections, audits and safety trainings
- Maintain safe work environment for team members in accordance with health and safety regulations, including elimination of accidents, and maintaining security of facilities and the team members
- Five (5) years experience in warehouse management, retail distribution operations, logistics and / or supply chain management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly analytical, data-driven & with a keen eye on process improvement
- Highly organized and self-disciplined, able to work on multiple projects in a self-structured and well-prioritized way
- Willing to learn about new concepts and methodologies in this constantly evolving industry
- Native level Japanese and fluent in English
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Very strong leadership skills, including team facilitation, training and motivation
- Good PC skills, including experience using Windows, Microsoft Office, Google spreadsheets and email software
- Able to communicate complex and detailed information verbally via telephone and in person, and in writing
- Able to handle multiple tasks, organize and coordinate activities effectively in complex situations
- Solid understanding of e-commerce/e-marketplaces is not a necessity, but a very strong plus
- Driven, proactive, and self-motivated to be able to work with minimal supervision
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.