Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
Global Chemicals company
We are looking for someone who can drive for long term development of our factory sites in Japan and to lead a diverse team to plan and manage the Production, Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability, Quality assurance and Management Systems, Supply Chain (Stock Purchasing and Control, Logistics) and Site Development (Engineering).
To attain all these, the successful candidate shall-
- Ensure product availability in quality, service level and cost from all production facilities and warehouses
- Drive the supply (production and import) aligned with the S&OP process, to guarantee sales
- Ensure that the production is managed according to the Quality and Regulatory Compliance Policies
- Develop, supervise and control the Budget, Investments, Quality, EHS
- Strictly follow up KPI's and Reporting to the local and regional organization
- Ensure the cost reduction (productivity, savings, without jeopardizing the Quality).
- Support the EHS strategies implementation including safety, energy savings, waste reduction and environmental compliance
- Ensure a pro-active communication with different stakeholders (internal and external e.g. Community)
- Reduce risks of the Operations business. E.g. business continuity plan, investments, preventive maintenance, etc.
- Provide leadership and coaching of the team and ensure people development
- University degree in Chemical / Mechanical / Engineering
- At least 10 years' experience in operational role in a site, or 5 years as Operations Manager
- Knowledgeable in Manufacturing and Installed Technology with operational and organizational understanding of Total Production Management (TPM) principles with implementation of those.
- Fluent in Japanese and English languages
- Good understanding of key operational principles, technology and risks, supply chain business and its main drivers, local and national standards including rules and regulations and is business case oriented.
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Knows how to apply, make use of the ERP system
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.