Global Apparel Company
- Implement and drive the Company Japanese Strategic Brand Plan and Process which continuously provides opportunities and sources of growth , and delivers against the Corporate and Business Unit KPI's and Targets
- Continuously implement and drive the brand positioning and values across the business and within the organization
- Deliver a world class Brand Merchandising Organization Team structure which effectively stimulates the wider organization to follow a Brand Led Culture and consistently focuses upon clear Roles and Responsibilities, aligning all Areas of the Company Value Chain.
- Ensure that the brand strategy and guiding principles of the Company Brand deliver one Global Brand proposition across Japan executed across product, innovation concepts and pricing strategies but also in the business unit's culture.
- Implement and lead Brand Merchandising Range Plan and Flow, strongly influencing the Financial Planning through KPIs: set the targets and ensure the outcomes (ie. Volumes, Revenues, Average Selling Price, Gross Margin, etc.)
- Set the skills benchmark for the Brand Merchandising Organization across Brand Merchandising Core and functional competencies, driving the standards for a best-in-class team structure
- Set Leadership principles which engages the team and the broader organization and provides a continuous stream of brand talent to the company.
- Implement and drive the operating system framework in the Brand Merchandising function: merchandise and assortment planning, range planning, consumer insights, Sku and Billing Value planning/forecasting.
- Partner and collaborate with Key Functions - Design, Product Development, and Supply Chain - to ensure that we are consistently delivering against the Service Leader Corporate proposition via efficient processes, reduced time to market and engaging and inspiring shopping experiences linked across all channels for our consumers.
- Deliver clear product & innovation concepts, which provide incremental growth opportunities and consistently set the benchmark for the industry.
- Utilise exceptional understanding of the female clothing to provide insights for consumer and market places and deliver competitive advantages for brand .
- Jointly establish and foster a collaborative, inspiring and energetic leadership style that promotes initiative and entrepreneurial thinking in line with the corporate shared values of honesty and trust.
- 8-10 years+ experience
- 5 years+ Senior Strategic Merchandising Management in Brand Led Organizations
- Having had also a Marketing and/or Retail (ie. driving assortment decisions) experience is a plus
- Strategic thinking and commercial minds
- Exceptional consumer and competitor understanding
- Organization and Team leader experience (ie. proven ability to lead complex and multi functional teams)
- Educated to degree level +
- Japan / Asia / European experience necessary
- High drive + result orientated (ie. strong financial acumen and focus upon KPI setting)
- Experience in female / beauty / apparel business is a bonus (ie. Clothing, Fashion and Apparel companies with international breadth. Having an experience in Lingerie is not required)
- Strong people development skills
- Excellent drive, judgment and creative insights
- Proactive, practical and hands-on approach
- Ability to inspire via strong presentation & communication skills
- English essential / other language +
18 Million Yen ~ 20 Million Yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Consultant: Kimiaki Takano
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.