Global Apparel Company
The IT Manager role forms an integral part of the IT International management team and leads the day to-day IT support and execution of systems and process improvement projects for company in country. The function will be responsible for the support of the in country business team, with a focus on the local Enterprise Resource System as well as the Point of Sales for the various stores in country and region. The function is responsible for the gathering, documenting of business requirements and the implementation of best industry practices. The function acts as the coordination point towards headquarters as well as for any local and regional external partners. The function is the primary person for issue detection, coordination and resolution. The function has a generic Information Technology background covering both Infrastructure knowledge as Application and Process knowledge with an emphasis on the last area. For Infrastructure implementations the function will work extensively together with the Infrastructure group in region and headquarters. The incumbent will foster a collaborative team environment and a strong service-oriented culture. The function reports directly to the Head of International Information Technology
- Business Partnerships
- Partners with Japan business and HQ to assure delivery of IT application systems and services
- Works extensively with the regional and global headquarters teams in understanding the application and infrastructure landscape in place as well as key stakeholders responsible for them. Engages proactively with them in bonding and understanding the total solution offering of the organization.
- Works with in country and regional external partners in provisioning support and improvement of it, through on time service delivery reviews and account management discussions.
- Performs weekly meetings with all key functions in region to discover, discuss, document and improve the current implemented solutions or proposes improvements to them.
- Manages development and implementation of IT application systems for Japan, through working with partners and ventors to support the effective operation of those systems in place. This include retail, wholesale, logistic, finance, digital/Ecommerce and data integration among them.
- Plans and delivers projects for continues improvement of current application systems, and manage budgets allocated and approved to them
- Aligns and supports the implementation of corporate system initiatives
- Develops good understanding of current infrastructure landscape in organization and key stakeholders.
- Has generic (horizontal) knowledge of different infrastructure services delivered and supports say to day operations for efficient running of these services.
- Proposes improvements to the regional and global infrastructure teams as well as reviewing on a regular basis the current working of the implemented services.
- Documents process, business requirements and participates in evaluation of functional and technical options.
- Documents current state processes and business systems and compares to benchmarking data and/or best practices in order to identify performance gaps.
- Meets on a weekly timeframe with business key stakeholders reviewing state of affairs and improvements.
- 7-10 years of relevant IT experience, of which 3+ years in IT Management position.
- Experience in business processes and applications. ITIL certified preference.
- Preferably experience in the Retail industry.
- Preferably with digital and Ecommerce experience
- Experience in managing multiple projects and support functions
- Bachelor Degree/Master's Degree in Business or Technical Discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in popular ERP and/or Retail POS applications.
- Willingness and ability to be "hands on"
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Very strong analytical approach to problem solving and solution development
- Understanding and demonstrated proficiency of system's analysis tools and methodologies.
- Languages skills Japanese and English
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong business relationship skills.
- Strong understanding of market solution offerings
- "Horizontal" understanding of a variety of domains with an enablement of implementing those solutions.Image
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.