Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Purpose of the job
The HEAD OF FINANCE responsibilities include Accounting, Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, as well as responsibility for other business activities such as Tax, Board Secretary, Treasury and Cash Management Operations.
HEAD OF FINANCE is also responsible for Internal Control.
- Establish the vision for the Finance function and develop a world class team to meet the challenges of the financial services business in Japan
- Demonstrate strong leadership competencies to motivate and engage a high performing team.
- Determine and agree, with local and CFO, on targets and objectives for the organization within Japan
- Drive the performance including the achievement of, along with the President, financial results of the organization against objectives
- Support the President in leading and steering the operations and strategy.
- Work as a business partner, providing information and guidance to Managers, President and executives within Finance & Business Office, as well as in other parts of the company, regarding critical business activities
- Responsible for all business plan, forecasts and analysis activities
- Develop, with the help of Treasury and the funding strategies for Japan customer finance activities, including strict adherence to funding policies
- Participate in the enhancement of product offerings and business development initiatives
- Overall responsibility for pricing including regular reviews and updates of pricing parameters
- Pro-actively develop the financial policies, procedures and control measures to ensure that all results and key ratios are controlled, reported in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Drive the effective implementation of sound controls in accordance with Policies and Procedures, Internal Control Framework and the Japanese regulatory environment
- Effectively coordinate and drive performance management, accounting and planning for the business in Japan.
- Member of Local Credit Committees
Education & Professional Experience
- University degree or appropriate academic qualification
- Professional accounting qualification and/or graduate degree in finance or accounting
- Over 10 years of working experience including management experience
- Experience in asset backed finance company
Competencies & Skills
- Good knowledge of financial services market in Japan or from similar countries
- Attitude to solve problems and find the right solutions
- Capability to establish and maintain proper Internal Control Environment
- Set high standards of professionalism and operate with integrity, being commercially aware, well organized and analytical with excellent organizational skills, target-driven & self-motivated
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of written and spoken English, business level Japanese
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)