Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global life Science Company
- Integrated Supply Chain Operations lead for Japan Distribution with responsibility for a team of distribution and logistics professionals
- Fostering a culture of Quality & EHS compliance by operating within guidelines and procedures, leading by example, and focusing on risk assessment & elimination.
- Drives a continuous improvement philosophy within the team
- Directs and manages the operation through continuous communication both within the team and with external stakeholders.
- Take overall responsibility and accountability for the KPI's of the distribution and logistics activities in Japan and uses them as the key measure of improving the performance of the team
- Ensures competitiveness in costs is achieved by regularly comparing costs across a range of service and material providers
- Ensures the operation of the 3PL providers are optimized to the best benefit. Upgrade the 3PL and sets up metrics to verify that the business needs are being met.
- Manages the Performance Management of members the team through continuous review and appropriate training.
- Tracks spend in expense and capital budgets efficiently with a constant focus on cost reduction.
- Communicates effectively across all functions and with all levels of organization to promote best practice in Logistics management
- Regularly benchmarks against other organizations to ensure we are abreast of current market trends.
- Communicates regularly with peers in other sites to ensure corporate standards are met.
- Develops the strategy for Japan and delivers successful execution.
- Translate business strategies into tangible, execution-ready strategic initiatives and drive implementation. Assures aggressive timelines, budgets and results are achieved. Provide input to PMO
Scope of People Responsibility
- Team of 3 direct reports including two Distribution leads and Import/Export Lead
- Undergraduate degree required
- MBA or advanced technical degree preferred
- Minimum 7+ years leadership experience in Distribution and/or Supply Chain within a fast paced, multinational, system focused environment.
- Strong in relationship building and negotiation strategies, ability to influence, network, drive and manage change.
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness that align with company's values and leadership competencies
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication and interpersonal skills, and leading in matrix environments
- Ability to develop a team pipeline
- A proven track record of ensuring the delivery of continuous improvement.
- Experience of working on Process Improvement projects through a Lean or Six Sigma approach would be an advantage
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Strong understanding and experience with an ERP system
Job specific Competencies & Skills
- Strong communication skills in English & Japanese (Written & Verbal)
- Required specific and cross-divisional/functional knowledge:
- Have a strong understanding of Supply Chain and Distribution principles and processes
- Understands customer needs and requirements
- Is informed about changing customer needs
- Facilitate and drive decision making processes collaborating with all geographic, divisional and functional stakeholders globally involved
- Complexity of tasks and problems/project management:
- Have knowledge of a complex set of supply chain and distribution processes including the necessary regulatory environment and be able to weigh the benefit of each for developing the companies´ future setup
- Have knowledge of a complex set of distribution approaches and corresponding supply chain processes
- Needs to understand key challenges due to own specific technology and to global competition and market development; chemical and pharmaceutical requirements
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.