Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese required
Innovative Food Service Company
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- Vibrant and international team with diverse backgrounds
- Act as the 'business owner' across different categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business
- Must develop and execute optimal category strategy, pricing, promotions, range, availability, and cost prices to expand both sales and margin
- Ensure our categories has the optimal selection and strategically competitive prices in the market through local and international sourcing
- Source and build strong supplier base to negotiate terms improvement, secure supplier advertising spend, and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods
- Work to develop new sourcing and extended range to ensure we have high quality, good value goods available to our customers year-round
- Employ data-driven decision making to drive the category. Provide insight to the commercial team and work closely with marketing and supply chain to forecast demand and ensure consistent supply
- Partner with supply chain team to manage inventory levels and wastage
- Work cross functionally with Product, Supply Chain, Sales Operations and Marketing to deliver strategic projects
- At least 5+ years experience in merchandising / buying and category management
- Superb business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management (both internal and external).
- Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written) are a must.
- Mastery of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) is preferred.
- Native level of proficiency in Japanese and fluent level in English
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.