Global Cloud Platform Company
- Design and implement/improve (Java, Ruby and Python are our languages of the trade) our middleware (Hadoop, Hive, etc.), and/or backends in cooperation with the Product team to continue supporting its data-heavy analysis use case.
- Develop software for operation automation and monitoring.
- Analyse and suggest/implement improvements of performance in a wide span of networks and middleware/backend applications.
- Operationalize (as in making it easier to observe/monitor and perform operations) as well as perform operations on our systems and application hosted on public cloud providers.
- Contribute your input on product improvements to stay ahead of industry trends and standards.
- Help translate business and product requirements into technical specifications and designs.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical resources across time zones and teams.
- Help train and mentor other Software Engineers.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- A solid understanding of computer science (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Around 3 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- Excellent Java programming experience and experience working with and tuning the JVM.
- Industry experience working running services in public cloud IaaS providers, specifically around computing, storage, relational databases, and load balancers to achieve service redundancy and robustness.
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively in cross-functional teams and a strong track record for delivery as part of a team more than individually.
- Strong foundation in system engineering on Unix like system.
- You engender a sense of mentoring and knowledge sharing amongst your team, hence creating a synergistic learning environment.
- Able to work with a distributed team.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with rigor and composure.
- Self motivation and sensitive about on-time delivery.
<Welcome skills and experience>
- Have had experience building and managing data-centric services that support a large user base.
- Experience operating Hadoop cluster or similar large Java based systems.
- Are knowledgeable of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Presto, or other open-source distributed database/engine.
- Are familiar with security best practices.
- Have a hands-on experience with software packaging, such Debian, or similar.
- Take equal pride in optimizing as well as building systems and are able to share a success story around the former.
- Own or are actively contributing to any open-source project.
- Experience designing and developing APIs, middlewares, and/or backends to support data-heavy analysis systems.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language abilities.
7 Million Yen to 12 Million Yen
＊According to your annual salary of the previous job and experience
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.