As a Human Resources Manager, you will be executing on strategic HR initiatives (i.e. org structure, develop competencies, talent initiatives, retention, etc). The HRBP will also be the HR Advisor to assigned business unit leaders and the senior management of the business unit in all HR related matters.
This role will be highly involved in multiple ongoing HR improvement projects to help streamline processes and improve operational excellence.
- Align and execute policies and programs for effective management of the people resources for your region and with the assigned Business Unit leadership team, which align with any global policies or programs.
- Own the on-boarding & exit related processes for Japan & East Asia.
- Included in the area but not limited only to the following would be programs and practices for employee relations, employee complaints, supporting and driving talent mgmt. initiatives for the business unit, education and career development and ensure compliance with all local, state and country legal standards.
- Partner with Senior Director, Talent Management and business leaders to understand priorities and needs to build the talent strategy and recruitment needs for your region.
- Collaborate with Managers in your perspective divisions/regions to provide strategic feedback and strategic support.
- Coach leaders on performance improvement process (PIP's, written warnings, etc)
- Solid experience and ability to execute change management initiatives for a business unit or a region.
- Plan and present New Hire Orientation at respective sites.
- Collaborate with Director, Talent Management and business leaders to understand priorities and needs to build the talent strategy and recruitment needs for your region.
- Work closely to ensure alignment within the existing employee programs e.g. on-boarding, performance management etc. are effectively conducted within your region of accountability.
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or Master's equivalent preferred; AND
- Minimum of seven (7) years of broad based HR experience required in Human Resources Management that should include generalist duties, benefits, employee relations, recruitment and training/development.
- Thorough knowledge of local and regional employment legislation
- Experience working with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Effective change management skills and solid experience managing large change in an organization or business unit.
- Creates sustained solutions to individual employee challenges
- Provides immediate fixes to acute emergencies (retention, culture change, poor performance etc) within the region or assigned business unit. While ensuring a longer term solution is raised and implemented.
- Fluent in both Japanese and English languages.
Flexible working hours
Employee development including training programs and mentorship
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.