Global IT Company
- Welcomes new Japan employees to the organization by coordinating and facilitating orientation & overseeing the onboarding process.
- Provides great service to new hires to ensure an outstanding, enthusiastic and friendly introduction to our company, including sending a communication welcoming new hires to the company, coordinating with hiring managers on agenda for first few days, and answering questions regarding new hire processes & policies.
- Facilitates communication across departments to ensure a great onboarding experience - identify potential onboarding issues and facilitates problem resolution across departments and functions
- Responsible for employee off-boarding - facilitate communication across departments to ensure seamless exit processes, communicate pay and benefits information, and remain point of contact for departed employees as needed.
People Operations & Services
- Maintain Japan employee digital documents and paper files in accordance with our policies and government regulations
- Create reports and analyze employee data as required.
- Serve as liaison with fed/state government agencies, attorneys, and third-party vendors in the areas of unemployment, visas, payroll, benefits, and reporting
- Mobility - work with the People team to provide operational support for expats to Japan, including facilitating the visa process, providing relocation information and support, and settlement support (housing referrals, transportation information, FAQ's, etc.)
- Work with the People Operations team to define employee life cycle processes - act as subject matter expert on Japan requirements & consistently look for process & policy improvements
- Works with Regional People Services & office managers to plan events
- Serve as backup for global People Operations team as needed
- Assist with and escalate employee relations issues as appropriate
- Work with the Regional team to create and maintain creative & innovative employee communications - lead the effort to keep this spread out, virtual team connected and informed
- Plan and implement Japan specific, employee relations compliance initiatives (i.e., anti-harassment training)
- Collaborate with the People Success team on people initiatives to improve the employee experience
- Assist the recruiting team with scheduling interviews, managing candidate travel, and coordinating recruiting events
- Proactively assist the recruiting team with projects as required, including manager communication, training, and candidate nurture activities.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years Human Resources experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Japan employment laws and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced, creative (and fun) environment, and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Excellent at building relationships and trust; highly collaborative style
- High level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
- Some experience presenting a company orientation program helpful
- Experience with HR Information Systems preferred
- Must be fluent in speaking & writing in Japanese and English.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.