Global Manufacturing Company
- This position leads the sales channel development activities globally in alignment with our business strategies and the regional go-to-market strategies.
- Recognized as a global functional business leader for developing sales channels. The goal is to more than double our channel network coverage & penetration over the next 5 years
- As a key element of our growth strategy, developing channel networks and increasing our sales coverage and penetration is essential for us to meet our strategic targets. Channel relationships are developed regionally and as such the Channel Development Manager should be well versed in regional markets and work in close cooperation with the sales regions.
- Ensure optimization of channel performance measured through realized margins and market share globally.
- Ensure corrective action in case of deviation from planned growth path
- Understand the distribution landscape in key markets.
- Ensure the regions/ countries identify all prospect and current channel partners, identify their purchasing potential and segment the universe by size and potential.
- Drive also identification of the key decision making contacts (individuals) and ensure CRM data integrity.
- Track revenue, costs, profitability and all other relevant Key Performance Indicators by channel
- Report market share and coverage by sales channel and identify trends, gaps and determine actions needed to grow share.
- Set points of distribution targets, track progress on coverage and recommend corrective actions
- Maintain our 'Go to Market' playbook and update regularly with best practice
- Understand channel drivers of profitability and how we can position ourselves as a preferred partner
- Maintain tracking of competitors' channel development activities, programs and incentives. Ensure channel attractiveness.
- Identify potential acquisition / partnering opportunities with channel partners. Working closely with BSD team.
Sales & Customer Interface
- Use voice of customer to determine and validate requirements for channel partner development.
- Understand the 'customer journey' of our channel partners' end customers and constantly push for improvements in the 'ease of doing business' with us from a channel partner perspective
- Develop first-hand familiarity with the global sales offices and channels through which primary market needs are addressed. Gain first-hand knowledge of the economic and cultural environment they operate in.
- Prepare and maintain powerful 'pitch decks' for each type of channel partner to support the addition of new partners. Work closely with the sales managers in the regions to ensure a consistent marketing message is communicated
- Work closely with the Trade Marketing team to ensure industry leading, branded partner / loyalty and incentive programs for distributors, contractors, retailers etc. are in place in all major regions
- Organize global and regional events for key channel partners
- Support channel partner training program needs and materials in concert with marketing, regional support (sales and marketing), and learning and development teams.
Legal & Compliance
- Act as an interface to legal department to ensure global distribution contract templates are simple towards the channel partners but cover key risks to us
- Ensure all channel pricing and incentive schemes are compliant with international and local laws and are approved internally in line with the DoA
- Special Projects: When assigned, coordinate outside of normal responsibility to complete a special channel project
People/Global Leadership Behaviors
- Handle difficult conversations/issues in a professional manner
- Establishes clear goals and measures that support team objectives
- Clearly communicates expectations and gets involved to help identify solutions
- Measure and report results with regularity
- Leads through personal example
- Creates a sense of urgency about achieving business goals
- Adapts leadership style to different situations or groups
- Seeks and values the opinions of others
- Creates plans reflecting organizational goals as well as future changes in customers and markets
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Above 10 years of strategy consulting and /or sales & marketing management experience focused on sales channel expansion.
- HVAC, building / technical products industry experience is an advantage
- Must have demonstrable business management skills in a Strategy Consulting, Sales & Marketing environment.
- Track record of personally developing, negotiating, appointing and managing sales channels internationally strongly preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is a requirement, and fluency in Mandarin and/or Japanese a strong preference.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.