Our client is actively seek a Sr. Technical Support Engineer, PeopleSoft (Japanese Speaking).
US Third Party Support Company (IT services company)
The role of the Sr. Technical Support Engineer, PeopleSoft is to provide exceptional remote-based system architecture support for mission-critical PeopleSoft applications as part of our global Client support team. The position is responsible for researching, troubleshooting, and supporting multiple technologies for our global Clients who use PeopleSoft PeopleTools versions 7.5x - 8.57. A Technical Support Engineer must exhibit the expertise and skills necessary to diagnose serious issues and then determine a resolution path for such issues in complex, integrated, and highly-configured environments. The ideal candidate needs to be self-motivated and work well in an unsupervised remote environment.
The Sr. Technical Support Engineer is the key point of contact for complex technical issues working directly with the Primary Support Engineer and the Primary Support Engineers assigned Clients. The Technical Support Engineer will not have Clients assigned but will be called in by Primary Support Engineers as needed for technical assistance with break/fix or tax and regulatory issues. The Technical Support Engineer can and will work directly the Clients alongside the Primary Support Engineer who will own the issue.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build deep relationships with Primary Support Engineers and Clients both in Japan and across the APAC region.
- Support the Primary Support Engineering team with deep technical knowledge in PeopleSoft tools and technologies
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend experience to different Client situations
- Solve complex Client issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of Peoplesoft technology
- Work closely with Client and Primary Support Engineers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high-quality Client experience
- Excellent English and Japanese business Language Skills and proven ability to translate technical issues and facilitate cross functional case teams.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience, with at least 10 years of PeopleSoft System Administration Experience
- Technical expertise in multiple and varied components of the PeopleSoft architecture, such as WebLogic Server, Tuxedo, Java, load balancers, etc. (Knowledge of other common appliances, such as WAF, RPS, etc. is desirable)
- Knowledge of maintenance/patching mechanics for multiple layers of the infrastructure
- Familiarity with administrative tools necessary to administer the database, WLS, etc.
- Performance tuning experience
- Previous experience working exclusively in a remote environment
- Experience working with functional/technical teams to solve complex issues
- Knowledge of localizations: architecture, implementation and key functionality
- Multiple full implementation life-cycle experience, configuration and administration of the application
- Multi language support experience
- Excellent facilitation skills and a high-level understanding of the business processes for CRM, FSCM or HCM.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills - verbal & written (English and Japanese)
- Proven coordination and translation skills
- Passionate focus on Client support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients and Primary Support Engineers
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving
- Strong knowledge of key application functionality, tables and relationships
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Dedication to Client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and a lead a team
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations
- The ability to work remotely from a home-based office in a virtual environment
- The ability to provide language translation for both technical and non-architectural cases, and to convey those messages effectively to a customer
- Work Permit in Japan
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.