Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
Global Food Company
Responsible for Quality Performance
- Responsible for measuring and monitoring all quality performance of products / services from assigned factories. This role represents in quality review for products / services for assigned factories in Japan market.
- Drive continuous improvement programs to achieve excellence in market unit Quality collaborating with and influencing to assigned factories.
- Facilitate regular quality review with assigned factories to review their performance and agree on priorities as focus improvement.
- Drives understandings of consumers and customers insights and expectations to quality in the market. Communicate such insights / expectation with technical specification to the regional and factory R&D team.
Quality Incident Management:
- Manage quality issues/incidents in the market including non-conformance management, rework management, and hold & release management.
- In case of quality incident, lead the market unit according to the quality incident management process.
- At the time of a critical quality incident, Co-lead a quality incident management process in the Japan market with Market unit quality manager or higher senior leader in the market
- Act as a single point of contact in Japan market with a factory (or factories) and drive recommendation of actions in the situations when the quality of the products / services from a factory (or factories) are in question.
- Escalate unresolved quality issues, significant quality risk/concerns to upper manager.
Preventive Actions for new products and/or any change management:
- Contribute minimizing quality related issues for new products introductions and/or any product change management via risk assessment under the project management process in the area of product/package design, supply chain operations, etc. Lead any quality related issue resolution with the project team members.
- Provide inputs to R&D/Quality team by reviewing product and package specification for solid quality requirements and process control management.
- Support new project in artwork development (e.g. labeling, instruction, etc.)
Support Quality Management Process (QMP) and Global Standard Compliance
- Support QMP leader for implementation and compliance of QMP and other global standard into the work operation in Japan. The role may delegated to lead compliance of a few specific Global Standards.
- Support an audit leader in QMP audits (internal/ regional / LRQA) in the company and lead external partners audits (warehouse, distributor, copacker).Support Team Engagement and Talent Developments:
Support Team Engagement and Talent Developments:
- Lead team engagement activities supporting Market quality manager.
- Support team's talent development through coaching and supervising peers.
Context and Scope
- Own several factories' quality performance in the market unit. Interface to those factories, typically outside of Japan. Communication will be in English via telephone, email, and face-to-face meeting.
- Report to a local market unit quality manager, who reports to Japan Market Logistics & S&OP+Supply Chain Director.
- Supervise a supporting contractor for administration / execution support (i.e. data analysis, reworking, and quality checking.)
- Collaborate with Regional central quality team for market unit community in the region.
- Experience within an R&D/Q&FS is required and experience in auditing of Quality Management Systems. Science background and a history of delivery; HACCP knowledge.
- 2 yrs experience working similar role in FMCG company
- Understanding of quality management principles, working in teams, process management, conflict resolution, Technical problem solving - Root cause analysis.
- English communication skill for meeting, telephone, presentation, and email.
- Degree in Food Science/Technology or related science/technical discipline
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.