Global Food Manufacturer
This position requires a seasoned finance executive with deep experience in financial principles and business tactics development and execution with the ability to navigate the requirements of a dynamic organization. The incumbent will be involved in 'hands on' business and change management activities while providing leadership, direction and focus to the company's Finance department. The incumbent must be able to work as an effective business partner with the Managing Director, Deputy Managing Director, Sales Director, Operations and Supply Chain Director of Japan to drive synergies, efficiencies across the organization and have proven experiences in a multinational company.
The Finance Controller is an active participant in local management commercial and supply chain strategy planning, financial planning and operation results review meetings, and is charged with providing concise, accurate, timely analysis of the key business trends and financial metrics reporting/analysis.
This position has the overall responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of the financial position of Japan, provides clear interpretation of the results to effectively drive meaningful improvements and ensure that all reports are accurate and timely.
- Supports the growth of Japan's sales, profitability and cash flow through sound management of operations cost efficiency and net working capital
- Leads and manages the Finance function for Japan. Develops efficient structure and strong capabilities in the Finance function
- Responsible for monthly closing of Japan financials, including developing and preparing and approving all financial reports, performance measurement, key indicator reports while providing needed information and analysis to efficiently run the business
- Ensures appropriate internal financial controls are in place. Owns and manages the relationship with external and internal audit functions and to ensure swift action is taken to mitigate any control deficiencies
- Supports the business strategy by ensuring the provision of financial & business analysis and acting as key business partner to the Japan leadership team
- Enables business decision capability by providing top quality decision support analysis for internal clients
- Establishes and enforces effective and disciplined customer pricing strategy and practices with thorough understanding of Japan's local cost structure.
- Leads and coordinates the annual budget process as well as weekly, monthly and quarterly sales and profitability forecasting. Effectively manages cost control through structured cost reduction programs
- Oversees cash management, tax filings and insurance activities. Maintains contact and coordinates with local banks, tax authorities, legal counsel and insurance brokers/agents working with Corporate Financial Services, Treasury and Legal
- Develops high performance finance team in Japan. Advances profile of Japan Finance team and builds strong working relationships with other company's functions
- Responsible for performance assessment and career development of three local finance associates
- Participates across-function MS Dynamic AX implementation project for Japan
- A minimum of 10 years of directly applicable Financial leadership and experience in business support in a manufacturing environment, including product costing, sales analysis, variance analysis, pricing support, and budget and forecast preparation, and project analysis.
- A full qualification in Finance i.e. Chartered Accountant, CPA or CMA
- Master of Japan GAAP and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP; experience with reporting to U.S. parent strongly required
- Exceptional ability in development of business tactics and strong mature presence
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, problem solving, decision making, project management, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently, anticipate and reaction to frequently changing business climate
- Ability to work effectively across organizations and cross culturally
- Highly skilled at organization and personnel development
- Background in a global matrix organizations with success in driving process improvement
- Proven track record of integrity and compliance in all business dealings
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar discipline
- A Master's Degree is a plus