Global Chemical/Pharmaceutical Company
- Provide financial decision support on a wide scope of financial topics, including but not limited to:
- Responsible for financial reporting and planning, financial analysis, resource allocation and compliance for the commercial organization - support the full P&L
- Provides relevant data, financial analysis, and fact-based recommendations in a timely manner; ability to anticipate and comfortable working with fast pace deadlines
- Demonstrates good financial judgment; ability to articulate recommendations to both business partners and finance leaders based on quantitative financial analysis
- Proactively identifies and communicates areas for process improvement to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the controlling function in providing value-added support to business partners (i.e., more time spent on analysis, and less on process oriented operational tasks)
- Develops and documents standard financial processes, with a focus on implementing common financial processes and practices within Japan to improve efficiency
- Provide appropriate coaching to the direct report
- Ability to effectively interpret financial data for non-finance partners to drive optimal business actions and decisions to achieve financial targets
- Act courageously: Always serve in the best financial interests of the company and Life Science sector even if it means sometimes having to disagree with business partners
- Monthly & quarterly reporting analysis of financial results, understanding of developments in business and forecasting risks and opportunities
- Maintain regular interaction with CFO organization and/or Accounting Shared Services to ensure monthly closing is well executed (e.g., appropriate accruals are done)
- Appropriately balances corporate and divisional perspectives in developing forecasts, and provides transparency into business drivers, risks and opportunities
- Minimum 3+ years' experience with demonstrated experience in financial planning & analysis
- University degree in finance or accounting discipline
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Japanese; Full professional proficiency in English
- Motivated, quick learner with strong critical thinking & problem-solving skills; ability to handle complexity
- Ability to collaborate across cultures and to influence without authority
- Demonstrated financial acumen; solid working experience with Excel skills
- Strong IT skills, especially with Excel, PowerPoint, TM1 and Office, SAP or other ERP system.
- Experience working in a multi-national and matrix environment is a plus
- Comfortable working at a fast pace with tight deadlines
- A self-starter who fosters critical thinking skills (not just a task-taker); goes the extra mile to interpret data
- Must be a team player with leadership skills; maintain flexibility and highly adaptable in a change management environment
- Must have leadership skills, including but not limited to developing/coaching direct report with both technical and soft skills, motivating team spirit with empathy.
- Must embrace diversity and respect for multi-cultural backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English); ability to deal with different stakeholders and balance various interests/viewpoints
- Possesses the behavioral attributes of the finance competency model: Adaptable, Resilient, Accurate and Rigorous, Inquisitive and Probing, Courageous, Assertive and Influential
[Other desired skills & qualities]
- Prior industry experience (Pharmaceutical and/or Life Science industry experience preferred)
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills; excellent customer / business and results orientation and excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, enthusiasm, drive, commitment and flexibility
- Strong tactical and analytics skills: Fact-based analysis
- International exposure (willingness to travel)
- Strong knowledge of accounting regulations and Group accounting policies and practices, and unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards
- A strong "can do" attitude, to reach objectives as a single contributor and in collaboration with others
- Good at workload prioritization and efficiency improvement, resource management, and project management.
- Effective at driving change and collaborating in teams to achieve desired results
- Capable of articulating a plan, gaining organizational commitment to action, and influencing others to achieve results
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.