Global Printing Company
Accounting and Finance Manager is continuing to build a world-class finance organization and we are looking for a natural finance leader to join our team. This role will be responsible for accurate accounting, reporting, budgeting and analysis for our Japanese business.
The report line of this position will be Global Finance (Accounting) and dotted report line to Global FP&A and Japan CEO.
Specific role responsibilities:
- Partner with Japan CEO on the assessment and measurement of business performance
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process and be responsible for analyzing financial results to ensure financial statements are complete, accurate, and in compliance with local statutory requirements and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Develop and maintain accounting procedures in compliance with the company's global accounting policies, procedures and processes
- Fully own the budget, forecast, and financial reporting for the Japanese line of business
- Assess customer/product profitability through robust financial analysis
- Perform financial modeling, including discounted cash flow analysis, for key decisions such as price changes, new product introduction, and capital investments
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are implemented and maintained across the business to minimize risk
- Prepare / review monthly account reconciliations for various accounts and activities
- Support internal and external audit activities
- Play an instrumental role in improving existing processes through process change or automation;
- Coordinate with the company and Corporate Finance teams as it relates to the consolidation of the company's financial results
- Assess the impact of strategic financial decisions and present recommendations to leadership
- Design, develop, and implement processes and reporting that improve the finance organization's ability to provide financial insights. Share these with the global finance team and work with the team to establish best practices;
- Manage and develop the local Japanese finance and accounting team
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
- Degree in accounting or finance required, CPA or equivalent preferred;
- Minimum of 7+ years of accounting and finance experience in an international environment;
- Strong knowledge of local GAAP and working knowledge of US GAAP;
- Strong knowledge of local regulatory and tax requirements;
- Experience with large ERP system required; SAP experience preferred;
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office - advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge;
- Confident and good communication skills (written and verbal) and fluent in English;
- Adaptable and collaborative working style that is comfortable within a high energy, action-oriented culture;
- A hands-on management style; ability to work as a team member and the managerial skills to build a strong local finance team.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.