Global Medical Device Company
- Support the Vice President, Global Financial Services in controlling global financials,with responsibilities including closing coordination, general ledger governance, analytical review, foreign currency exposure management and audit management.
- Primary coordination for the division in global closing and planning
- Primary coordination of divisional internal control activities including Minimum Controls, the annual controls assessment process, ongoing Segregation of Duties initiatives, and liaising with external and internal auditors
- Global management of foreign currency exposure, including leadership of the global hedging program, analysis of actual and forecast financial impacts, and loading FX rates into the necessary systems
- Global ownership, control and administration of the Oracle Chart of Accounts and PM structures
- Primary support for VP GFS global budgeting and forecasting coordination and planning
- Responsible for managing the Medical Chairman's books for actuals and budgets/forecasts
- Prepares global Medical summaries for final review/confirmation of closing figures
- Coordinates and provides standards with VP GFS for detailed regional balance sheet reviews
- Manages and maintains Global Financial Services SharePoint site
- Owns divisional compliance with transfer pricing policies; calculates routine transfer pricing true-ups across Medical entities as required
- Global control, tracking and reporting of Exceptional and/or "Below the Line" items
- Coordinates annual impairment testing across Medical
- Supports VP GFS and Global Tax Director in monitoring tax-related accounting matters
- Tracks global statutory filing deadlines and status towards completion
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- University Degree (BA degree) required
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Qualified Accountant with recognized professional accreditation.
- At least 7 years of progressive professional experience in an audit or large-corporate environment, preferably in manufacturing
- Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
- A self-motivated person with a willingness to develop
- Work unsupervised and meet or exceed objectives
- Act with integrity and with strong ethical principles
- Interact with all functions of the business
- Communicate well at all levels of the organization, and with external contacts Identify, analyze and evaluate relevant data
- Work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Planning and Decision Making:
- Must possess strong planning and organization skills to be able to drive global coordination of relation initiatives
- Must be able to quickly draw conclusions based on judgment and research related to treatment and reporting of complex accounting transactions
Impact and Scope:
- Broad scope to support the Global Finance organization, with direct impact on controllership of the global financials
Key Internal and External Relationships:
- Internal - must maintain positive, productive working relationships with many members of the global finance team, across the various GFS and business partnering disciplines. Will also be exposed to senior functional stakeholders in certain instances.
- External - will be a critical member of the audit management team in terms of working with external auditors on a routine basis. Will also be exposed to other external consultants and service providers for project-based work.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.