Global IT Related Company
We seek experienced Finance Manager in Inventory Accounting team. The team owns all inventory related accounting and controllership.
Regular Inventory Tasks that may be the part of the candidate's responsibilities:
- E&O (Inventory Reserve) Calculation
- Standard Cost Calc. and PPV allocation
- Recording payable by processing vendors' invoices for inventory
- Item Master Price Management
- Manual Inventory Adjustment
- Inventory Variance Analysis
- Prepare variance comment for BS/PL for related accounts
- Validate the accounting flow for new business initiatives
- Any trouble shooting on ERP system by working with IT team
On top of regular inventory accounting tasks listed above, we plan to upgrade our ERP, Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX). It will be a huge, more than a year lasting project, and we expect the candidate to identify and request the necessary system development and work on thorough UAT testing.
Also, we plan to expand the team's responsibility more to incorporate "SCM Finance" that pursue business growth/cost savings opportunities within Supply Chain Management (SCM) area including procurement and logistics through partnering with related groups. We seek the candidate who can promote these activities. Actual responsibilities may vary depending on the assignments, but examples are:
- Initiative management - Evaluate and quantify the opportunities to prioritize, execute reporting and controllership for tracking and measurement, and perform data analysis to drive the better performance of SCM team.
- Repair management - Work closely with procurement team and related peer groups to monitor and control adequate order quantity and minimize excess loss while keeping labor efficiency. Implement effective KPI and track them, present the insight and action plans to Sr. management when opportunities or risks arise.
- Controllership and Governance - Assure the right controllership to be implemented in SCM area especially inventory integrity. Example includes compliance with the contract, cycle count integrity, duty segregation in manual inventory adjustment, and accounting validation on new business workflow.
Successful candidate should be self-starter, having ability to deal with ambiguity with high communication skill, and can enjoy bearing responsibility to provide proposals for important business decision. He/she is also required to have willingness to learn the detail of the business to the extent being able to identify the cost savings opportunities by themselves.
- BA/BS degree in finance, business, and similar dept.
- Expertise in concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- 7+ years working experience in Finance/Accounting or similar positions.
- Experience in Inventory accounting and/or manufacturing accounting is plus.
- Experience with accounting process such as monthly closing. CPA is plus.
- Familiarity with accounting ERP system. Leading introduction or upgrade as accounting lead is plus.
- Experience in performing data analysis to determine business decision.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Business level Japanese and English both in speaking and writing.
- Effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple assignment with tight deadline, prioritize tasks, and deliver result while keeping motivation to go beyond expectation.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn large data mining tools such as SQL, MS Access, Essbase, and etc.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.