[Position] Finance Manager
[Salary] 10~12 million JPY
Industrial Equipment Manufacturer
We are looking for a highly driven candidate to have the overall responsibility in managing full functionality of finance, as well as overseeing payroll & back office functions, and ensure full compliance.
This person will be also in charge of new ERP (SAP B1) implementation, and acting as a business partner to the Country Manager. The Finance Manager is a key member of management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To lead and manage the Finance, Administration, HR & IT functions for the Japan subsidiary, reporting to the Country Manager, and functionally reporting to Regional CFO, with support by a small team in Tokyo office. Working closely with HQ and regional Finance Team, various departments locally, you will be responsible to manage the followings:
- In charge of full set of accounting and closing, prepare monthly and quarterly group reporting packages and analysis according to group accounting manual and guidelines.
- Responsible for required reporting to meet local statutory reporting and tax filling.
- To monitor on‐going actual vs. budget results, & maintaining strong control over OPEX & Capex budget, as well as review Gross Margin trend & PL by function.
- Prepare annual budget, quarterly rolling forecast and any other ad‐hoc analysis, and also regular management reports and analysis to leadership team.
- Lead the implementation of new ERP System (SAP B1) with support from HQ ERP Manager, Regional CFO, regional power users and local consultant, expecting go live 1st November 2022.
- Streamline / automation of existing workflows and processes to align with B1 Go Live.
- Review Spare Parts Inventory & provision calculations, and explore measures to optimize stocks.
- Review monthly payroll/overtime/severance calculation, prepare bonus & salary increase proposals.
- Overseeing back office functions, including Insurance, Administration, Office facility, InformationTechnology (IT), Human Resource (HR) and legal issues with support from internal team/external vendors.
- In charge of tax declarations and local tax audits with support from local tax advisor, and ensure tax optimization.
- Oversee treasury function, including cash‐flow monitoring & projection, bank loan & facility, AR collection process and foreign currency hedges.
- Work closely with Service team to obtain data for service hours & costs reporting and analysis.
- Ensure and oversee internal control system align with local statutory requirement & HQ guidelines.
- Ad‐hoc tasks / projects as required by management / user department.
- Minimum 5 years managerial / leading experience in MNC, experience in the machinery/equipment business would be an advantage. Candidates with more experience may consider as Senior Finance Manager/ Financial Controller.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or other relevant qualification, with CPA qualified.
- Competence in Japanese GAAP and Tax rules, familiar with IFRS.
- Knowledge and hand‐on experience using accounting software/ERP, experience of roll out ERP/SAP B1 would be an advantage
- Hand‐on experience in group reporting tools/Cognos preferred
- Competence in complex and dynamic economic environments, strong analytical skills with business acumen, and able to propose practical solutions to leadership team
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines, excellent organizing skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Open minded, proactive, adapt to changes, independent and mature Individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and influencing ability
- Fluent in English skill orally and in writing
- Competent with MS excel &/ analytical tools
- Occasional travel may required
- Immediately available / short notice is highly preferred
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing, Finance