- The company seeks a seasoned Finance Director to lead our Japan regional FP&A function with a team of 2, potentially expanding to 3 or 4. This role will report to Sr. Director who also oversees one of the business units.
- The successful candidate will be highly strategic, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
- The role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and will provide decision support and advice for key business leaders (two SVPs) in JP's regional leadership group. This person will also interact with the key functional leaders (VPs) in the Japan Region.
- Partner with the GK senior leadership to identify and execute actions that drive profitable growth, gain market share, improve operational efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Drive core financial processes including Annual Operating Plans, Forecasting, Long Term Strategic Plans, and Monthly/Quarterly Closing and Business Reviews. Challenge the business teams including Opcos to reach full potential business output.
- Review existing processes and streamline for higher productivity and efficiency; design and develop tools and dashboards for leadership, working closely with the COO office
- Identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/investments.
- Lead ad hoc analysis and new project evaluations, including structuring the problem, performing analysis, and presenting to senior executives.
- Successful in a highly ambiguous environment.
- Comfortable with tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Minimum bachelor's degree. Advance degrees desirable.
- Experiences, Skillsets & Personal Competencies
- MBA or Master's degree in business, finance, or a related field
- Fluent in both English and Japanese
- 10+ years finance leadership with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years' experience managing people
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of financials reporting and data mining tools (DAX, SQL,etc.)
- Strong communication, including both written and oral.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and accounting background
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with demonstrated ability to build a strong finance team with A-players
- Superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a start-up
- Experience in corporate FP&A
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.