Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Advertising Agency
- Ensuring timely accurate management financial reporting, budgets and forecasts
- Responsible for the local finance teams' reporting of statutory financial reporting including audit and local legislative requirements on a timely and accurate basis.
- Responsible for ad-hoc financial requests as required by global and regional finance
- Responsible for working with the management team to ensure amongst other factors that revenue targets and profit margins are met
Financial Control & Compliance
- Ensuring compliance with Japanese rules and guidelines, including tax, corporate structures, advertising law
- Ensuring financial controls are sufficient, in place and maintained in line with company Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring finance teams are advised of any changes in financial controls and group policies
- Leading team for any audit enquiries (both SOX and external) where required
- Authorising local market expenses
- Coordination between local finance and share service center on all financial tasks
- A liaison for external attorneys in seeking for legal advice on business, financial and any other internal issues as needed.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly KPIs such as Net working capital, ageing reports, flash management reports to ensure compliance with targets
- Lead financial planning and forecast process, work with BU head, CFO and CEO to ensure that any business/ revenue opportunities are identified, maximised and accurate business plans/costing models to support this are submitted
- Review all material contracts
- Work with local finance teams, BU head, CFO and CEO to resolve day-to-day issues as required
- Lead and develop the Finance team of 8~10 people to bring the best out of the team
- Liaise the office space management discussion amongst CFOs of group companies in Tokyo
Client Remuneration and Contractual Requirements
- As required, review potential new client contracts
- Review of pricing and revenue formulas for existing and new clients
- Ensure local markets adhere to the terms of client contracts
- Ensure that local markets are following regional guidance on client reporting
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent)
- Ideally 15+ years work experience in Japan
- Familiar with Japan accounting standards, regulatory and taxation laws
- Industry experience preferred
- Self-motivation, strong communication, problem solving & leadership are pre-requisite
- Fluent in spoken and written English
10M ~ 15M JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Super Flex Time/Remote work
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.