※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
- Responsible for all accounting, budgeting, financial controls, and costs for an entity or organization. Works with the Business Unit/Line of Business/Functional Controller to apply consistent accounting practices at the operations level.
- Participates in the leadership team for the operation.
- Participates in the business as a member of the leadership team to drive key business metrics, provides input into development of business strategies, and provides financial support for new business development.
- Manages application of accounting practices and works with business partners to apply consistent accounting practices; implements recommended changes to accounting practices.
- Manages monthly and quarterly financial reporting processes; leads finance communication across entity; develops and presents financial analysis to business partners.
- Manages the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast processes, provides leadership to business to meet cost and working capital targets.
- Manages development of strong control environment across the key business cycles.
- Works with business partners to ensure processes are efficient and cost effectiveness to improve the profitability of the entity; partners with business leaders to create operational efficiencies driving continuous improvements and growth initiatives.
- Manages financial support to comply with any governmental, regulatory or local requirements, such as tax and statutory accounting requirements.
- Leads financial analysis on capital projects and manages overall capital management process at entity level.
- Allocates financial resources to support business initiatives, including accounts receivable collections, managing inventory and payables, etc.
- Coaches and mentors all entity finance staff; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Native level Japanese language skill is strictly required.
- Financial Regulations Acumen - Evaluates applicable regulations for the financial area of focus, such as tax, banking, pension, local accounting to ensure underlying transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable regulations; explains key requirements and purpose of regulations and implications to the business to inform and educate relevant stakeholders.
- Business Partnering - Collaborates with stakeholders and develops partnerships to drive performance that aligns to organizational goals and strategies; influences the organization by demonstrating knowledge of the business to provide guidance to support the decision making process and guiding the business towards positive results and organizational alignment; evaluates business environment using measures to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities.
- Financial Planning and Forecasting - Utilizes financial forecast data to provide forward looking projections to facilitate decision making; partners with stakeholders to analyze trends and validate assumptions to provide a forecast that aligns to the organization's goals and strategies.
- Financial Analysis - Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Business insight - Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification plus
- Significant experience required, including managerial and budgetary experience in a small operations manufacturing or distribution center environment.
- Manage the local indirect purchase order process
- Manage company administration operation
- Manage the local legal/contract review process
- Company Statutory Auditor