Global 3D Printer Manufacturer
Field Service Engineer
This position is primarily focused on field installation and field service, and the successful candidate will be responsible for installation of complete systems at customer locations throughout Japan. Machine installation includes mechanical set-up, electrical hook-up, precision alignment, and establishing customer network interfaces. In addition, the Field Service Engineer will:
- Provide technical phone support for installed machines.
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, cooling, and gas systems to get machines running.
- Work with customer personnel during installation and start-up.
- Provide initial on-the-job customer training on system use.
- Attend meetings with customers to discuss installation or repair status and timing.
- Communicate the installation or repair status frequently to the customer and the Service Manager.
- Work closely with the Service Manager to ensure the effective and efficient installation machines.
Education and Experience:
Engineering diploma or degree in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Automation Technology or similar.
- Strong math skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Although some of the work is performed in local customer plants, you must be willing and able to travel as much as 70% of the time since most customer locations are non-local.
- Ability to travel internationally if requested.
- Experience requiring use of organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and cope with pressure.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Hiring process includes background and reference checks which must have satisfactory results.
Other Desired Qualifications:
Experience with 3D printing technology.
- Hands-on experience with automation systems in manufacturing plants.
- CAD software experience.
- Bi-lingual English + German.
- Computer hardware/software set-up experience.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.