■ About F&A and this role
F&A (管理財務部) houses a variety of roles from FP&A・Controller (経営管理), to Accounting, Tax, and Treasury/AR, offering a wide variety of skill and career development opportunities.
The Japan FP&A Manager works to support Japan CFO and Japan General Management in driving business growth and financial planning/operation. S/he champions the business process control (discipline and framework), drives effectiveness and efficiency in reporting/analysis, providing timely and high-quality financial support to enable sound business decision making.
■ Roles and responsibilities
Japan FP&A Manager will lead the country financial planning, working very closely with each of the Japan segment and functions, as well as APAC HQ Finance:
- Responsible for providing accurate data/analysis to keep management up to date, drawing on a cumulative knowledge base from previous experiences to execute an appropriate course of action
- Driving business activities including: analyzing variances and trends, developing financial strategies / solution in order to maximize business opportunity, and improve the financial efficiency and provide recommendations to complex business challenges
- Work with other function teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate and timely
- Initiates and influences function teams to adopt new financial analytics and systems/processes
- Act as F&A lead for ad-hoc country wide projects / early stage initiatives
■ Key Interaction with:
Japan CFO, Japan GM, Segment/Functional General Managers and Controllers, APAC CFO and APAC HQ F&A team, COE (Center of Excellence) team.
- 5+ years of experiences in working in management accounting / business planning.
- Working experience at global environment, with global team(s), and/or in mixed cultures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Strong MS Excel / Power point skills.
- Positive and proactive problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to multi-task / prioritize work in order to deliver against fast turnaround expectations.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- IT or related industry experience is an advantage.
- Experience in a large multinational (e.g. Fortune 500), matrix organization is a plus.
- MBA, CPA, and/or CFA desirable, but not required.
- Broad systems and also specific application experience (SAP, Qliksense, Power BI)
Leadership potential profile in a MNC F&A organization, with history of rotation in different sub-disciplines within the F&A function. Aspiration and strong ownership to develop his/her own career in an international business environment. Ideally mobile in the mid-long term.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.