Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Job Duties of Manager, DTC(Direct to Consumer) / MWB (Marketing Working Budget including Brand PR cost, sports marketing costs and other marketing expenses) Finance:
- DTC PL and MWB management and forecasting
- Lead monthly DTC/ MWB reforecasting process. Analyze prior month actual variance to prior forecast, prior year and/or AOP(Annual Operating Plan) to build accurate rest of the year forecast. Provide data and insights to DTC and Brand leadership team to reach the AOP targets based on YTD actuals and its trend.
- Track DTC KPIs like traffic, conversion and average sales to prepare the accurate forecast and make proposals to Retail Director and eCom Senior Manager to drive sales and margins.
- Build DTC by‐channel financial reporting processes.
- Control MWB spending together with Brand Director to maximize the impact and meet the AOP. Establish monthly MWB review processes to track the status and keep Brand Director and his direct reports updated on the latest status.
- Monitor daily and weekly DTC sales and margin and update the current month sales and margin landing estimate every week based on discussions with DTC and Brand leadership team.
- Participate in the weekly DTC meeting to keep him/herself updated on the DTC businesses and provide financial status updates to Retail Director, eCom Senior Manager and their direct reports.
- Own and lead annual business planning process in the field of DTC and MWB.
- DTC Working Capital Management
- Start building DTC & MWB working capital tracking process with SCM/ WC Finance Manager who is consolidating Japan total working capital KPI. Analyze current state and build action plans to meet the annual operational plan target.
- Proactively work with SCM/ WC Finance Manager and Revenue to Margin Analysis team who is in charge of Wholesale business PL and working capital management to build aged inventory liquidation plan.
- Support DTC & Brand strategy development and implementation by providing financial insights
- Lead the DTC & Brand long range planning & strategy together with Japan Brand Director and Retail Director.
- Monitor and assess DTC store/channel portfolio to maximize sales and profit in long term.
- Build Brand/DTC strategic investment plans together with Brand and DTC leadership team and lead the Capital Expenditure Requisition processes to obtain adequate approvals per the Grant of Authority policy.
- Automate reporting process by collaborating with IT.
- Finance SPOC in DTC and Brand leadership team
- Closely communicate and collaborate with HQ eCom/ MWB Finance and each function of Japan Finance to deliver results.
- Supervise and manage one analyst. Motivate and lead DTC/MWB Finance team by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback so as to build a strong team.
- Additional Finance Manager duties as necessary
- 3 years or more practical experiences in FP&A of Western multinational companies.
- 3 years or more working experiences in matrix organization of Western multinational companies.
- 2 years or more people management experiences.
- Understanding on and application to accounting tasks of US GAAP or IFRS. Nissho Boki Grade 2 or equivalent qualifications
- Intermediate or advanced level of Excel spreadsheet handling skills.
- Business level English and Japanese proficiency both written and verbal
- Interpersonal skills, solid written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem‐solving skills. Multi tasking skills. Good time‐management skills
- Honesty, integrity, reliability. Sense of ownership and pride in his/her performance and its impact on company's success. Lead with passion, courage and agility in an ever‐changing environment.
- Outstanding mathematical skills, high attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field
- 2 years+ of experience with ERP such as SAP and Oracle. Oracle EBS experiences are a plus.
- Work experiences in finance/ accounting field in FMCG, Brand, Sporting Goods and/or preferably Golf business.
- Retail/ eCom finance experiences are a plus.
- Change management experiences
- MBA entitled by a qualified Western business school is a plus.
- US CPA
- COSO / ICFR / SOX experiences