- Managing business relations, operations and performance from a portfolio of Contract Manufacturers (CMs) and Partners located in Japan; with accountability and full P&L responsibility for significant external spend.
- Works closely with other ES Operations Leaders, Supply Chain Planners, ES Quality, GTE and Customers at Business Units and Markets with global responsibility for quality, supply and cost from an assigned base of Contractors and Partners.
- The ES Operations Leader develops and manages implementation of the strategy and tactical execution to ensure timely supply of Drug Products and to achieve cost targets as well as all other key metrics for External Supply Emerging & Local Markets (ES ELM).
- Oversee and secure timely execution of new product introduction, product changes (including changes of aterials and API), product enhancement, localization and product transfer programs. Lead implementation teams where required.
- Ensure that product supply, quality, compliance and cost issues at CMs are adequately addressed by making extensive use of Operational Excellence tools and mobilizing the necessary resources for support in all required areas. Lead these cross-functional teams where required.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (Economics, Trade, Engineering, Science or Pharmacy); MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience (with advanced degree) and minimum 9 experience (with bachelor's degree) in Pharmaceutical Operations (especially in API, vaccines, sterile injectables and/or solid-oral dose)
- Fluent Japanese and Business Engish
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- GTS, Supply Chain or Quality Operations. External Supply, Procurement and or Project Management experience is also highly desirable.
- knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to lead and participate in teams at all levels of management required. Well-developed interpersonal skills (leadership, integrity, team orientation, flexibility, creativity; experience in projects that require collaborative approaches; strong analytical skills; ability to understand business issues and processes
12 Million yen ~ 14 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.