※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
This position is responsible for managing engineering group and engineering technical staffs to support manufacturing. This includes new machine development and install the machine for production. It also has a responsibility for managing process improvements, equipment improvement, cost reduction, and yield increase projects. This roll will work closely with the manufacturing area managers to access customer needs and action plans. Works cross-functionally to ensure high customer service level for on market products and successful commercialization of new products from R&D. Selects and develops management team to ensure the efficient operation of the manufacturing operations and all product support functions. Identifies and executes continuous improvement opportunities on a regular basis. This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
- Goal setting: Understand the short and medium-term goals of the Manufacturing Engineering Department and lead to cascade to the Engineering group. Become a candidate to lead the manufacturing technology department in the future.
- Group management: Determining the elements for goal achievement of support the manager, and making a realistic plan, and achieving the goal.
- Project management: Plan setting and manage the progress of projects set as goals. Use the project scheduler to control timelines and resources for multiple projects.
- Engineering consultant: Appropriate guidance based on knowledge and experience as a specialist will be provided for consultation from members and other departments regarding equipment and processes. It is also necessary to incorporate the concept of quality assurance using GMP knowledge.
- Problem solving: Use the problem-solving method, such as Six sigma, to quickly identify the root cause of the problem. Spread this idea to the members so that the group as a whole can solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Budget management: Manage the group budget. Participate in budget planning with the manager.
- Personal management: Manage the working hours, overtime and shift work of members.
- Human resource development: Training to members on problem solving, design development, etc. by yourself or by using internal and external training
<PLANNED FOCUSED PROJECTS>
- Automated machine installation for packaging process.
- Develop biological material printing process include vision check.
- Develop liquid dispensing system and drying process for fiber pad .
- Develop equipment lifecycle strategy
- Bachelor's Degree and or Master degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, system engineering, etc.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing related engineering disciplines and/or equivalent training or work experience.
- Experience that includes training or work experience with companies engaged in the manufacture of GMP regulated products or equivalent is preferred.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Experience with manufacturing processes and equipment, including automated assembly and converting Process equipment, understanding of the principals of automated assembly, vision inspections and product handling.
- Experience managing 5 or more members groups for more than 3 years.
- Experience in project management preferred
- Be familiar with the relevant regulations for the production of medical devices.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
2 - 3 interviews
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.