Global Top Class Technology / Infrastructure Company
This role will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to grow company cloud's diverse, and low-cost energy supply across APAC.
Function Specific Work Activities:
- Develop and execute comprehensive energy and utilities strategy for new and expansion company cloud's diverse infrastructure in the Japan, Korea and China .
- Recommend company cloud's diverse Infrastructure launch strategies for new regions based on in market and desktop due diligence.
- Identify and develop cost savings projects and initiatives related to energy infrastructure and supply. Responsible for completing due diligence on in-market opportunities and developing those opportunities into cost saving for the business.
- Develop opportunities to deploy grid scale renewable projects in non-competitive markets by working with policy makers and internal legal and policy teams.
- Work with utility regulators to develop policies and guidelines that enable broader the company strategies and objectives.
- Manage capital budgets for electrical infrastructure improvements in the company APAC regions
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Energy Team on the implementation and management of energy and projects in a timely and accurate fashion.
- This role requires domestic and international travel (~25% of time).
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) required- Economics/Engineering/Business or other technical field
- 12+ years of experience working in utility/energy industry in a commercial/business development role ·
- Experience successfully negotiating new tariff rates, power purchase agreements, energy infrastructure contracts in regulatory regimes ·
- Global business experience in developing countries ·
- Strong analytical and commercial skill set to review utility tariffs, energy projects and power contracts ·
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills ·
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with external stakeholders in different geographies. ·
- Strong Bias for Action with an ability to look around corners and deliver results for the business
- Must be fluent in Japanese and English.
- Master's Degree (MBA/MS) preferred ·
- Experience developing or constructing substations or other energy infrastructure ·
- Experience working with public utility commissions and other energy regulators ·
- Business experience is Asia, Middle East and/or Africa
- Experience with IT infrastructure, data centers and cloud services
10 Million yen ~ 15 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.