International Bank - Electronic Trading Applications Support
Production level 2 support role in Equity Sales & Trading supporting DMA, Programs, Low latency and Core trading. The team is responsible for ensuring the stability of these business critical client and server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure.
The team performs the following tasks:
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Investigation of user queries via log file and process interaction, e.g. session drops, order issues, flow breaks, booking issues.
- Managing incidents by running conference calls, working closely with development teams, notifying the business and or compliance, tracking the failures and following up post event.
- Escalating problems to core development and engineering groups in a timely manner.
- Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Liaison with the operations department and controllers where appropriate.
- Identify and build tools / scripts to aid in day to day tasks
- Work as a global team by following the sun support, standardizing documentation / tools and knowledge sharing.
- Between 2 - 5 years of experience
- A highly motivated, self starter who is happy working for demanding clients
with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a professional ownership of issues
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly present technology to a non technical audience
- Understanding of Equity Cash products
- Good understanding of Unix
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL syntax. (Sybase database experience an advantage)
- Scripting skills eg perl, cgi, ksh, python
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Computer Science Degree (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Familiarity with ITIL service management frameworks
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure ? networks, storage, unix system administration etc.
- Prior application support experience / trade floor exposure
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Full Time Employee
~ 10 million yen (Experiences and skills will be considered)
※Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.