Global Chemicals company
Responsible for all environmental, health and safety activities at our Japan sites. The incumbent is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental, health and safety policies in accordance with our Corporate policies and objectives and to ensure compliance with all local regulations.
- The incumbent will develop, implement and monitor programs to ensure that the site meets the company's environmental, health and safety performance goals.
- Control the number and severity of employee injuries on the job.
- Control of employee exposure to hazardous materials.
- Manage employee environmental, health and safety training and development of knowledge and awareness in employees regarding these issues.
- Maintain compliance with environmental, health & safety regulatory requirements.
- Develops, organizes and implements new and existing our policies and practices in areas of environmental, health and safety.
- Responsible for auditing of practices, procedures, designs and methods of operation to ensure compliance with our environmental, health & safety policies and standards, regulatory requirements and safe work practices.
- Proper hazardous waste management at the Japan sites
- To direct and perform the audit of practices, procedures, programs, designs, and methods of operation to assure compliance with our standards, regulatory requirements, and acceptable work practices.
- To interface with legal, insurance, human resources and public affairs in matters of environmental, health and safety.
- To assist general manager in the development of loss control programs and investigation of incidents.
- To represent the company at discussions with Local authorities on significant issues dealing with Environmental, Health and Safety.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Tackle significant EHS issues without delay, ensure potential hazards are identified and managed. Emphasize that production never compromises safety and health
- Deliver EHS information to team members and allocate sufficient time and priority to promote and support EHS activities, training and meetings.
- B.S. Degree in environmental, health, safety Engineering, or related technical field
- A business background is also necessary to understand the impact of regulations on operating cost. Individual areas of certification may be required such as fire protection etc.
- Familiarity with international standards, such as ISO14001 and OHS18001, is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and influence in a fairly matrix organization
- Effective communication skills and strong team player
- Good spoken and written English
- A broad experience base in the chemical industry, environmental and safety programs, engineering, managerial competence and a thorough understanding of regulatory procedures and practices in areas of environmental protection, new project, work-place safety, and occupational health are required.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.