Objectives of the Position
Manages overall EHS* activities to ensure the compliance and performance of site and fulfill, mandatory corporate and legal requirements
Monitoring performances/services and reporting
- Develop and implement the monitoring programs (e.g. regular/random inspections) and summarizes the performance reports.
- Alert line-management in case problem area is detected. Act as the major contact for internal and external audits to constantly check and report the correct and consistent implementation of the requirements/regulations
- in order to implement safety measures to eliminate the potential damages related to industrial hazards. Lead and/or cooperate with line-management to roll out of EHS concepts to the site and plants.
- Lead internal audit/assessment based on the EHS requirements and implementing programs
- Set-up documentation system to keep updated site, corporate and mandatory rules/ regulations, training, inspection and audit materials/records
- Keep site safety standards updated
- Be responsible for the preparation and keeping of operating records, statistics, analysis, report, surveys etc.
Internal/External networking (including Responsible Care programs)
- Represent the site to participate in industry and authority related communities, seminars, workshops, training, etc.
- Act as a widow person to communicate on EHS related issues
Safety and Energy related authority application
- Keep authority application compliant
- Maintain good relationship with local stakeholders
Education and training
- Develop the overall EHS education and training programs
- Communicate to employee on EHS practices, requirements/regulations and collect suggestions
- Act as a Security Officer and Information Protection Officer (IPO). Lead and organize security related issues
- Prepare framework of Site Incident Management Team (SIMT) in case emergency case happens. Conduct regular disaster prevention drill
- According to mandatory and corporate/ site requirements, and report to the relevant authorities/management major EHS accidents or problem areas
- Appointed as Site Fire-Prevention Manager under Fire Service Law and Site Safety Manager under Industrial Safety and health Law
- Manage Master data maintenance
- Prepare necessary product safety document
- SDS/Yellow card updated and release
- Manage customer inquiries
- Provide expert advice in chemical regulations to the stakeholders
- Develop annual + mid-term forecast of investment plan for EHS related assets
- Prepare Commission paper for investment project for approval
People and function management
- Plan and control the function structure and manpower requirements, headcount and budget, establish development measures and appraise the performance of the team
- Direct and prioritize the workload of team members. Train and coach the direct reports and develop the succession planning
- Monitor, evaluate and develop annual budgets. Provide information to management regarding the budget for site EHS cost centers
Minimum Education and Qualification Required for the Position:
- Education: University degree or equivalent
- Working Experience: >10 years plant related experience
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: chemical and/or engineering related knowledge, experience
- Mandatory eligibility requirements:
- Health supervisor (class 1)/第一種衛生管理者
- English Skill
- Hazardous materials engineer /危険物取り扱い主任者 乙種2・4・5類
[Preferred eligibility requirements]
- Boiler operator/ボイラー技士
- Pollution controller 公害防止管理者 水質
- Energy management officer/エネルギー管理士
- High pressure gas production safety technical manager (Class A)/高圧ガス製造保安責任者甲
- Skill training course for operation chief of oxygen deficient/hydrogen/酸欠、硫化水素危険作業主任者
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.