※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
- Compliance with country local laws and with company policies and business conduct standards. Stay current in knowledge of governmental requirements; keep EHS programs up-to-date with these requirements. Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of national and local regulations.
- Accurate and timely reporting of monthly & quarterly EHS Metrics.
- Development and achievement of annual EHS operating plan goals and EHS capital plans that are in alignment with regional objectives.
- Ensure execution and continuous improvement of key EHS initiatives and requirements including: Ergonomics improvement; Behavioral Safety (Target Zero); Industrial hygiene monitoring/corrective actions; JSA/Risk Assessment; Isolation and Control of Hazardous Energy; Controls for new materials, Zero Solvent, Waste to Landfill and Environmental Releases; PEC Management System Maturity Assessment.
- Incident and near-miss reporting, investigation, identification and completion of CAPAs on-time.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing & driving EHS programs
- 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in implementing and/or sustaining ISO 14001 / ISO 45001 or comparable management system.
◆Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge to ensure compliance of local safety and environmental laws and regulations
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and mentality
- Good at coordinating interests/conflicts and resilient to criticism
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written
- (Preferably) Knowledge of the USA regulatory compliance requirements
- (Preferably) License holder of relevant qualifications such as Class 1 Health Officer, Pollution Control Officer (Air), etc.