- Company: International Medical Devices Company
- Position: Executive Assistant(Foreigner Head) & General Affairs
- Employment Type: Direct Contract(1 year renewable), but has high chance for converting to Permanent hire
- Report to: Representative Director
- Location: Tokyo
- Company Size: 5001-10,000 employees
- Japan Office Size: 30~40 employees
- Salary: 6 Million Yen
As Executive Assistant & General Affairs Specialist, you will report to and work closely with VP, General Manager in Japan. To support VP GM, you will communicate and facilitate with global and regional teams including Asia Pacific, as well as Japan Leadership Team and local employees. You are expected to uphold a strict level of confidentiality. Your responsibility also includes managing General Affairs and several related projects. You are expected to perform in manners to support business growth and to create positive organizational culture. Your duties includes but not limited to below responsibilities.
- Maintains General Manager's (GM) appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences etc.
- Arrange travel and stay of GM and coordinate that of visiting global guests.
- Support and arrange GM communications internally and externally, organizing and following up where necessary for smooth operations.
- Help to manage GM's time by preparing materials, researching and routing correspondence, drafting documents and initiating meetings or telecommunications.
- Correspond and communicate with leadership team and employees, in email and face to face on GM's behalf and manage logistics and communication for large meetings.
- Assist or lead projects on behalf of GM. (e.g. office renovation project)
- Assist with translation for company communications, documents and presentations and occasionally interpret for GM or visiting guests when E>J or J>E is required.
- Support GM in meetings by transcribing minutes and formatting presentations.
- Represent GM by attending meetings in the executive's absence.
- Welcomes GMs guests by greeting them in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains GM and customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Helps GM completes projects by assigning work to internal staff and following up.
- Provides historical reference for information and meeting discussions by developing and utilizing filing systems.
- Manage office equipment, furniture, consumable supplies & repairs, and related orders.
- Manager related vendors.
- Manage office disposal and external storage.
- Communicate with building management and keep employees updated with necessary information.
- Manage postal mails and deliveries, and communicate with venders.
- Manage office related procurement activities.
- Manage occupational health & safety issues. Organize and manage monthly health and safety committee. Conduct health & safety related events (e.g. Stress-Check.)
- Manage company's insurances, housing, company car and parking.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in both EA and GA. At least 4-5 years of experience in total.
- Working experience at global company (preferably small- or mid-size) is required.
- Working experience in healthcare industry is PLUS.
- Require Bachelor's Degree.
- Good communication skills in English (written & oral) as well as in Japanese
- Great personal skills.
- Self-starter with high learning agility.