Note: This position requires Native Japanese + Business/Advanced level of English, and applicants must currently be located in Japan to be considered
Large e-commerce company
[Reason for recruiting]
Business launch in Japan and rapid expansion
- Lead and execute on all kinds of legal and compliance matters across business operations, including e-commerce, property, HR, operations, product compliance, and corporate compliance. You will be hands on with end-to-end responsibility for all legal support.
- Advise, draft, and negotiate a broad range of contracts with third parties.
- Lead and execute on all corporate governance matters pertaining to the company including management of business license filings.
- Manage litigation and investigations that may arise in Japan.
- Represent the company in connection with any inquiries by regulators in Japan.
- Manage and instruct external law firms as required.
- Lead on the build out of a legal and compliance function in Japan.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal business partners including Global Procurement, Finance, Corporate IT, and Security and Privacy on projects and company-wide initiatives. Demonstrate hands on experience but also the ability to handle and manage projects with other members of the team.
- Qualified lawyer (bengoshi) in Japan.
- At least 8-10+ years of post-qualification legal experience. A mixture of law firm and in-house experience is preferred.
- Fluency in Japanese. Fluency in Japanese and English preferred.
- Exceptional ability to continually deliver creative, considerate, and business-oriented outcome that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- A willingness to learn voraciously and take on new scope and challenges.
- Ability to adapt easily to rapid and diverse business changes.
- Strong and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Sound judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions.
Work from home
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.