Global Electronics Manufacturer
The Director, Global Controls and Controller Engineering provides leadership in a matrixed reporting and operational environment across Johnson Controls - Hitachi Air Conditioning. The Director is accountable for defining, implementing, and evolving winning embedded product control software, printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA), and remote controller products for room air conditioning (RAC), packaged air conditioning (PAC), variable refrigerant flow (VRF), chiller and refrigeration systems. Winning in this context includes having the required performance, the best cost, the best quality, and on-time delivery. Key partners that the Director must deliver winning products with include Product Management, the RAC, PAC, VRF, Chiller and Refrigeration product engineering teams, Project Management, Industrial Design, User Experience, Procurement, Manufacturing, and select external partners including, for example, key component and software suppliers as well as OEM/ODM suppliers of remote controls (i.e., wired, wireless and handheld).
The objectives for this role are to:Deliver winning controls for JCH products on time, Reduce controls development cycle time
- Reduce controls cost
- Improve controls quality, and
- Improve JCH controls lead time and service parts availability while reducing working capital through standardization and simplification of JCH's controls offerings.
The controls offerings that this role encompasses includes:
- Outdoor Unit (ODU)
- Indoor Unit (IDU) controls
- Central controllers and software applications
- Wired controllers and remote handheld controllers
The Director will lead the definition and evolution of the JCH PCBA and software architectures.
The Director will lead definition and implementation of streamlined and standardized product development and testing processes and procedures for RAC, PAC and VRF controls.
This role is global and can be based either in China, Japan, or India. Significant time spent in Japan is a requirement.
- Ability to lead by influence in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to understand and critically assess cutting-edge technologies and their relevance to the JCH architecture including.
- RAC, PAC, VRF, chiller and refrigeration system integration into building automation systems and smart home eco-systems,
- Embedded software, software application, and PCBA development techniques and tools.
- Distributed, multi-tier software application development
- Experience developing and designing modular, distributed systems having end-to-end system requirements. Hands-on expertise in sub-system decomposition, interface/API design, software specification, hardware specification, system scalability, cybersecurity, and system performance.
- Experience with network architecture, operations technologies, technologies, and ・products. IP and cloud-based network communications experience a plus.
- Recognized subject matter expert in SW and HW architecture including among industry standards groups.
- Experience developing and implementing SW and HW architectures across multiple business unit within a significant company.
- Expertise in the entire product development lifecycle is required.
- Experience working as part of large, multi-disciplinary, multi-function, multi-cultural teams completing full product life-cycle implementations for complex, configurable product offerings.
- Strong interpersonal communications, organizational and written/verbal communication skills, ability to influence and guide senior leaders in General Management, Product Management and Product Engineering, Sales, Procurement, and Manufacturing.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures. Experience working with Japanese engineering organizations desired.
- Minimum of 15+years total product engineering experience in product development and system engineering work.
- Minimum of 10+ years of system engineering experience designing and developing robust and commercially successful product platforms.
- Achievement of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technology from an accredited university. A Master's degree in a related engineering discipline is desired.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.