Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and speak Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
[Position] Director Business Controlling
[Salary] 12~16 million JPY
Global Automotive Company
* You get an opportunity to lead from Headquarter and work with highly skilled colleagues in a global environment, which provide opportunities for you to develop both on professional and personal level.
Purpose of the job
In this position, you will be responsible for the financial performance measurement and follow-up of our global business as total group. You will also be the lead of planning/forecasting sessions. You need to be a great team player to collaborate with multiple stake holders including senior executives.
Your responsibility is to
- Business performance analysis as the group to help the executives for their business decision. Collect all information, validate and present to CFO and other executives. Also proposal for the business decision is expected rather just making reports through regular reporting and adhoc analysis in clear and concise manner on timely manner.
- Lead the group periodic estimate/forecast process for both short/long term in an integrated manner and be accountable for the total group view with the good forecasting accuracy.
- To be a contact point to the parent company, in management reporting and financial planning.
- Support HC/Cost management for central functions except for IT as business controlling director to them. (Fin/HR/Strategy/Brand&communication/Legal/Real estate)
- Build productivity mind set and guide your team to be lean and efficient in processes, systems and organization. Also build world class Group business controlling team with your guidance.
- Support and coordinate Business controlling teams to deliver the objectives and lead the community. Not just request information, but provide guidance and support, sometimes challenge them with respectful manner.
You will be a management team of Group finance function and contribute to the team's growth and one team mind-set.
You are good at the prioritization of the multiple tasks and have strong commitment to deliver the results even in the challenging situation.
You are a great team player and good at managing stake holder with different background. Need close and strong collaboration with other Group finance functions (Accounting/Treasury/Tax/IC&A).
You are a good business partner as "go to" person.
This role is frequently involved in different kind of projects to support and secure appropriate financial reporting deliveries.
Education & Professional experience
- University degree in accounting, finance or equivalent, CPA preferred, JGAAP and IFRS knowledge is required.
- 15+ years solid experience from business partnering and management reporting exposure or finance or reporting in internal companies with global foot print is preferred
- Experience in Essbase or similar reporting system is considered as an advantage as historical reference.
Competencies & skills
- Emphasis is on personal leadership skills and team building
- We require that you have an eye for details; you have analytical skills and possibility to give estimations based on appraisal of facts and figures.
- Action oriented with critical thinking
- Strong business mind set and great interest in understanding our business and contributing to our CUSTOMERS' SUCCESS.
- Significant experience from multi-cultural and global finance operations, industrial business experience is preferred
- Be proactive and have high integrity and credibility
- Proficiency in the Japanese and English language is required
Social insurance, WFH, Flex
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Finance, Analyst