This global media company has 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America and publish special deals from over 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
The Desktop Administrator is part of a global team that will support the staff and offices worldwide. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial team player responsible for assisting in the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of corporate hardware, software and related infrastructure for staff primarily located in the company's APAC offices.
This position is based in Tokyo.
- Act as a front-line interface to users by monitoring and reacting to Service Desk tickets
- Troubleshoot technical issues and escalate complex problems to appropriate members of the team for resolution
- Install, configure, upgrade, maintain and support desktop systems based on SCCM sequencing
- Oversee inventory management of software and hardware components
- Set user access rights and permissions for users in terms of on-premise Intranet and Azure tenancy
- Perform repairs and replacements of software and hardware peripherals
- Continual APAC office location visits in order to maintain an IT presence and resolve any physical IT issues
- Equipment purchasing
- Develop and maintain training materials and systems documentation for educating end users and new IT staff
- Plan and execute allotted work within deadlines and maintain records of daily tasks
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in an IT support role
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Japanese
- Qualifications with concerns to Azure, Office 365 or SCCM a benefit
- Hybrid environment support experience
- SCCM experience in terms of imaging computers and assigning packages
- Working knowledge of system administration tools and processes, for example remote support via TeamViewer, add and remove AD accounts, manage shared resources (e.g. file systems, printers)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to explain simple procedures in writing or verbally; good phone or video-call skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work individually.
- Competitive salary package.
- Excellent international career opportunities in a high growth company.
- Exciting and fast paced work environment.
- Ask about our travel perk!
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!