Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
Global Pharmaceutical Company
PURPOSE OF POSITON/ROLE
Demand forecasting and oversight safety stock for securing stable supply of coverage products and Commercial, and enabling functions, and other domestic and international stakeholders by communication and negotiation skills. Develop a system to standardize the operation process, improve forecast accuracy and make proposals to contribute for effective capital management by maintaining stock at proper level and forecasting suitable inventory for future.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP
This position reports to Sr Manager, GSC Demand & Supply Planning team lead.
- Actively and aggressively engage in local market supply and delivery issue management, escalating appropriate issues to regional and global GSC management in time to ensure necessary remedial actions.
- Establish & actively manage strong performance based relationships with local Business Unit (BU) leadership, clearly negotiating and defining service level expectations for that market per business unit. Build a network based working and support relationship with any other Global Supply organizations.
- Accountable for continuously improving market demand and supply and delivery chain performance service levels and objectives are achieved in alignment with approved budget with relative function.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
<Demand & Supply Planning>
- Collect information related to sales strategy, promotion activities, BU brand plan, sales forecast and results from internal and external business units and partners to develop accurate short/mid-term demand forecast by SKU in a timely manner.
- Review sales and forecast results, analyze gaps to modify forecasts without delay and help interested parties understand forecast drivers.
- Coordinate cross-functional activities between Commercial and Global Supply to support time-efficient demand forecasting.
- Use brand plan when making accurate demand forecasts and contribute to maximize short/mid-term sales and profits.
- Calculate demand and supply at each stage of BU life cycle and suggest the best supply plan and appropriate inventory size.
- Prevent stock-out and excessive inventory from suffering financial health with write-off costs and keep optimizing stock.
- Watch obsolete and expiring stock to send alerts to respective product coverage team on a monthly basis so that they can start building consumption plans or taking improvement actions while estimating write-off exposure.
- Cooperate with supply team when experiencing unexpected supply interruption and solve the issues to minimize business impact.
<Product Launch, divestiture, discontinuation Management>
- Interact with related business units such as Commercial and Global Supply to prepare for market launch, check sales results and inventory data for post-launch analysis to modify demand forecasts and production plans in timely manner.
- Lead and / or continuously improve the Demand Planning/Forecasting process for all locally distributed finished products coordinating activities of Demand Management resources, Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Finance and other BU functions, including development of statistical forecasts, leadership of Brand Forecast Review Meetings, and ensuring alignment of unit and financial forecasts.
- Monitor and ensure product supply, drive communication and issue resolution process with BUs, and GSC and be proactive communication channel between Commercial and Supplying plants.
<Data and Information Systems management>
- Accountable to ensure that all information management systems, data management processes and interfaces operate appropriately to support all key GSC drivers for success and delivery of agreed service levels. These systems and processes maybe local, enterprise, or external.
- Responsible to establish appropriate service level agreements, performance requirements and monitoring metrics and issue management and resolution with local, regional or global teams that provide data and information systems services to the market in support GSC's key areas of success.
- BS/BA Degree required.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Japanese language, both written and oral; ability to communicate, negotiate, and collaborate effectively with colleagues from different business functions and external resources at all levels.
- 3+ years of supply and/or demand planning experience in a pharmaceutical and consumer industry preferred. Profound knowledge in drug supply chain as well as general concepts of retail business, finance, COGS, regulations and drug price scheme.
- Broad operations and systems experience, including replenishment planning, capacity analysis, manufacturing and distribution in either a market or manufacturing environment.
- Excellent Powerpoint / Excel ability is required.
- Passion for future career development and innovative/open mind-set
- Able to travel abroad
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.