Global E-Commerce Company
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance, customer experience and people development for all delivery operations
- Drives vision for the team and creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other lean initiatives to enable their functional area to meet and exceed business plan
- Problem-solves for closing gaps between performance and goals
- Sets and clarifies requirements and expectations for Operations, Area and Shift Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
- Manages an environment concerning the delivery of our orders direct to our customers, subject to ever rising volume and complexity, operating on a 24/7 basis
- Manages day-to-day relationships with multiple Delivery Service Providers
- Presents operational metrics regularly to the senior leadership team
- Hires and develops top talent. Creates and implements a talent plan for the site including talent acquisition, performance and career management, learning and development, succession planning, and employee engagement
- Leverages the Operations, Area and Shift Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area
- Cultivates strong culture and engagement throughout all levels of the team
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
- Works with key business partners such as Transport & Sortation, Delivery Service Providers Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Direct management experience, including a salaried, hourly and agency workforce, in a logistics, fulfillment, last-mile manufacturing, engineering, production or distribution environment
- Demonstrated track record of delivering performance and financial based results in high pressure environments
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and lean techniques
- Experience with the full lifecycle staffing, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
- Strong analytical capability; track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems
- Excellent communication skills (including Japanese and English, written and verbal)
- Experience managing third party resources on a regional/national scale
- Experience managing contingent workforce in a business with peak seasons
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.