Global IT Services Company
We are currently seeking a highly driven Deal Desk Specialist to join our Japan Deal Desk team. This team is responsible for actively working with sales, legal, revenue and other cross functional teams for deal structuring and commercial terms for complex, non-standard transactions.
This individual contributor role is a true value-add partner and considered the business liaison to the field sales organization for complex, non-standard deals. This position will sit in our Tokyo office.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be the trusted advisor to the Japan sales team, collaborating on pricing, product, and commercial terms for complex, non-standard transactions
- Actively participate in deal reviews with prospects, sales teams, and management
- Serve as an escalation point and provide approvals to help move deals forward
- Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Work as a liaison between multiple groups, such as revenue, sales ops, legal, pricing, to help facilitate the deal process
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvements; assist or drive implementation
- Collaborate and share best practices across geographies/regions
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed to support the sales & finance teams
- 3+ years of experience in a deal desk, finance, contracts, sales operations, or revenue role; software/SaaS experience an advantage
- BS or MBA Business Administration
- Understanding of revenue recognition principles, US and JGAAP
- A thorough understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to read, interpret, and draft business terms and conditions
- Strong logic and analytical abilities
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Flexible to work extended hours during peak periods
- Occasional travel may be required
- Fluency in both Japanese and English
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.