※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
Global Pharmaceutical Company
We are seeking Data Scientists with growth mindset, to work closely with cross-functional business teams adopting agile ways of working to create business values and outcomes with data and Advanced Data Analytics.
■Provide business outcomes:
Not only design solutions leveraging analytical approaches and best practices, but also build prototypes, code and documents, to deliver actionable insights and business outcomes to stakeholders and management.
■Implement technology modernization:
Implement modern technologies related to analytics, Machine Learning and AI, to improve business process and efficiency of our company.
■Drive agile delivery:
Leverage our new ways of working to deliver business outcomes with agility and significant productivity, based on iteration and experimentation principles.
■Foster global collaboration:
Establish effective trust partnerships with cross-functional teams and global communities.
■Lead decision making:
Make and execute decisions by using data science techniques and data architecture, to solve critical business problems and achieve business goals.
■Uphold behavior standards:
Maintain behavior standards and mindset built on principles of collaboration, learning and sharing.
- At least 5 years of broad experience in the domains of Advanced Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning and AI, Business Insights and visualization
- Hands-on experience within the end-to-end Advanced Data Analytics process, from data extraction, EDA, data preparation and preprocessing, to predictive model building, validation and deployment
- Knowledge and experience with best practices and frameworks utilized in the fields of Advanced Data Analytics and Data Mining
- Ability to clearly understand business requirements and translate them into data-driven processes and services, while consulting stakeholders on optimal solutions and managing expectations
- Experience with designing analytical solutions, as well as storytelling and presentation of insights and outcomes to business stakeholders
- Strong hands-on programing experience with open source languages like Python and R, with experience in SAS being a plus
- Ability to extract, design and link datasets from diverse internal and external data sources, by writing SQL queries as a part of the ETL process, and prepare modeling master datasets for analysis
- Understanding of Big Data foundations, as well as of modern Data and Analytics ecosystems and technologies, such as AWS and Azure cloud environments and services
- Superior analytical maturity to provide business outcomes with proficiency in a broad range of marketing methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative design, Data Analysis and statistics
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to lead data-driven initiatives, which sometimes include changing existing systems, operations or mindsets of others, based on prioritization
- Native level Japanese proficiency
- Fluency in English is desirable
- Degree(s) in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Public Health, (Pharmaco-)Epidemiology, Pharmacy
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Proactive, results-oriented, creative and flexible thinker with a growth mindset
- Enjoys working in diverse and inclusive global and matrix environment across functions and geographies
- Ability and willingness to speak-up and to challenge the status quo. Upholds high standards of ethical and intellectual integrity
- Experience or knowledge about the pharmaceutical commercial business and data sources (e.g., prescription and sales data, patient claims data, promotional data); ability to design future ideal state of Data Analytics in it
- Experience in validating quality or reliability of data
- Experience in the consulting business
- Experience working in agile methodologies
- Understanding of Advanced Analytics, AI and IT products
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.