Data Management Company
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our team of accomplished data experts. This candidate will own critical internal analytic pipelines - leveraged for product insights, customer facing dashboards, & operational reporting.
Things you will do
- Own our usage metric pipelines, which drive user-visible dashboards.
- Be responsible for the data pipelines that feed our billing processes.
- Ensure correctness of data by testing and validation as required for mission critical data pipelines.
- Work with key stakeholders including Executive, Product, Data, Infrastructure, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Your background and skills will include
- A minimum of 5+ years in a relevant data-centric role.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience working with multiple relational databases.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc..
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management. Have built and maintained data pipelines using a Workflow Management system, such as Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, Digdag, or other.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language abilities in Japanese and English.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work with people distributed across different geographies.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with rigor and composure.
- Self motivated and sensitive about on-time delivery.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
We would be thrilled if you
- Have experience working with large scale data processing on Spark, with a clear understanding of the challenges involved.
- You had familiarity in Data Science and Machine Learning.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.