Global Infra Company
- Work directly with the customer and/or support staff to identify and troubleshoot as necessary to isolate the root cause of problems to include standing, bending and kneeling as needed to perform this task.
- Support and communicate customer billable requests through a trouble ticket system.
- Manage and prepare incoming and outgoing customer tape backups.
- Provide visibility and support to the Facilities team when monitoring the Data Center's building controls.
- Responsible for the installation and troubleshooting of all copper and fiber customer cross connects.
- Perform and execute installation projects.
- When required, escalate events in a timely manner to the appropriate team according to proper procedures.
- Maintain documentation of network systems infrastructure, cross connects and circuit audits.
- Assist customers with after-hours shipping and receiving.
- Perform and execute installation projects that would include the racking and stacking of customer equipment.
- Lifting of customer equipment required up to and in excess of 50 pounds. Server lifts can be utilized were applicable.
- Monitor and control access to the Data Center to prevent unauthorized access.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Layer 3 routing, TCP/IP and BGP.
- Perform Layer 2 & 3 troubleshooting.
- Must have working knowledge of tools such as ping, traceroute and nslookup.
- Experience with the installation and terminating of CAT5e, CAT6, Fiber (Multi & Single Mode) and Coaxial cable.
- Highly effective at troubleshooting Layer 1 issues that are required to support 56K, Metro-E, T-1, DS-3, and Optical circuits.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Strong team player.
- Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience operational and technical experience in an IT environment required.
- IT Certifications such as CCNA and MCSE are desired.
6 Million ~ 8 Million Yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.