Global Insurance Company
Directs activity in 24/7 Data Centers and the Infrastructure Operation teams supporting centralized and distributed IT environments throughout Japan.
Reports the status of all events per the escalation procedures to higher management. Serves as contact and escalation point to upper management, IT and business partners. Formulates policies and plans the use of resources. Responsible for hire, review, development and termination of employees. Plans, directs, and coordinates daily activities of the department.
- Directs staff and executes with limited direction.
- Overall responsibility for directing Infrastructure teams and Operations activities in the entire Data Center.
- Ensures that incidents are reacted to and aggressively investigated. That they are properly resolved or escalated with minimum system outage, slowdowns and or delays.
- Effectively communicates impact of incidents in full detail to higher management and partner teams.
- Partners with technical support groups and outside vendors to resolve outages quickly and mitigate business impact.
- Manages the incident/problem resolution of complex, significant system problems, communicating problem status with vendors, technical experts, senior IT management and senior business leaders.
- Plans and facilitates completion of assigned projects involving changes to the infrastructure, application systems, or procedures.
- Measures operational effectiveness through KPIs, fit for purpose monitoring, performance and capacity measurements.
- Develops and implements Operational Readiness Review plans, processes, and procedures for new technologies.
- Formulates and ensures adherence to department budgets.
- Effectively delegates tasks as needed.
- People management responsibility, including hiring, termination, promotions, performance, compensation management, training & development
- Attracts and develops talent to enhance the team's effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Computer or business field preferred.
- 8-10+ years Information Technology/computer operations experience in a large data center involving multiple platforms/technologies required.
- 5+ years management experience.
- Strong, proven effective communication skills
- Experience in successfully developing people and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound business judgment while building and fostering teamwork and relationships.
- Proven solid functional knowledge of components that make up a large Data Center including but not limited to software, hardware, servers, and network components.
- Ability to manage people and teams with experience in performance management.
- Ability to respond to and resolve customer and employee issues swiftly and accurately.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Organization
- Operational Functions
- Service Excellence
- Core Application Systems
- Active Learning
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Problem Solving
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.