[Position] Data Analytics Head
[Salary] 17~19 million JPY
Global Pharmaceutical Company
[Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities]
- Drive business performance and potential - Engage an end-to-end approach by connecting all the pieces of data to deliver business insight, by leveraging all available assets; existing and new data sources, techniques, system, tools
- Drive data-driven insight and decisions, as well as data-centric culture across business
- Create, align, drive Data & Analytics Strategy & Roadmap, incorporating and applying business strategy, data vision and Tech strategy.
- Optimize customer experience and employee experience by leveraging data analytics
- Identify unmet business challenges and proactively address/propose digital solutions, especially but not limited to data analytics
- Establish strong partnership with senior stakeholders and key stakeholders across company, especially but not limited to Commercial Excellence, Sales and Marketing.
- Support key business strategy (not just commercial) execution with data analytics
- Work closely with Tech peers to support, guide, direct Product managers and Squad leaders to ensure key products and initiatives/projects effectively leverage data analytics
- As a member of Japan Tech Leadership Team, lead department-wide initiatives not limited to his/her own space
- Develop strong collaboration relationships with Tech peers and external partners at all levels (local/regional/global)
- Lead, coach, develop members and take active role in overall department performance management process, by proactively providing feedback
- Proven leader in cross-functional, regional, global environment
- Business savvy, analytical, curious, creative, proactive
- Translates business questions into verifiable hypotheses, create experiments to test them and recommend based on findings
- Continuously and relentlessly challenges status quo, finds business opportunities, identifies/evaluates new solution
- Thinks like an entrepreneur and external stakeholders
- Communicates complicated and nuanced insights in accessible language to relevant stakeholders
- Recognize patterns, connections and relationships across variables and data sets to help others understand the broader implication
- Enthusiasm, passion for working with people, and drive to execute through challenges
- High degree of personal integrity, professionalism, with a commitment to achieve personal and team success
- High sense of urgency and good judgment
- Comfortable dealing with complexity and ambiguity
- Highly proficient working in a matrix, Agile organization.
- Leadership skills. Ability to influence.
- Comprehensive expertise in data, data mining, data modeling, analytical model, visualization and related systems, technologies and programing languages (i.e. Machine Learning, Python, R, Java, SQL, Databrick, JDNet, Ultmarc, IQVIA, ETL tools, MDM solutions, AWS, Azure, PowerBI, ThoughtSpot)
- Understanding of sales processes, marketing fundamentals, finance processes and related data and systems (i.e. Veeva, SFDC, SAP, Ariba, Workday, Concur, Adobe)
- Deep understanding of development methodologies (i.e. traditional waterfall, lean, agile)
- Team development, talent development and performance management
- Expertise in managing stakeholders and all levels
- Strong prioritization based on qualitative and quantitative business benefit
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on manager of a BI/Analytics team
- 5+ year of experience in enterprise BI support, especially but not limited to Sales and Marketing.
- 3+ years of team management, using Agile
- Experience in developing company strategy in data analytics space.
- Experience leading large technical projects with internal/external partners at all level (local/regional/global)
- International working environment
- Recent experience in leveraging newer technology (i.e. NLP, Machine Learning, RPA, AR)
- Exceptional business communication skills in both in both Japanese and English
- Bachelor's degree or above in business, statistics, applied mathematics or other quantitative field OR
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related discipline
Flex Time system
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave. And other special holidays
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology