[Position] Controlling Manager
[Location] Tokyo / Nagoya
[Salary] 9 ~ 12.2 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Automobile Equipment Manufacturer
About the Role:
The Manager, Controlling, reporting directly to the Country Controller for Japan, will oversee CBU (Japan OEM only) related matters. He/She provides support to the Business Units, and Country Controller regarding Business Cases, financial management, accounting/compliance, business partnering as well as implement activities relating to corporate/division policy. This individual will provide business partnering and business leaders in order to facilitate discussion and analysis for data driven decision-making.
What You Will Do:
- Support Business Cases for ROJ and quotation, driving close collaboration with sales and other functions to generate accurate and feasible business cases in timely manner for executive management review
- Maintain on current awarded programs Business Cases to provide the business team for overall program PL view
- Be the first contact for CBU ROJ and CBU team to resolve any topics arise for finance related
- Partner with business leaders and develop any Adhoc reports to enhance decision making
- Support and maintenance of general ledgers and financial statements related to sales Manager, CBU Controlling
- Coordinate and administer controls for operations ensuring procedures and controls are appropriate and functioning to produce reliable, accurate, and timely financial results for sales related topics and other as necessary
- Support and own the relevant monthly accounting close and reporting process, insuring reports are timely, accurate, and understood
- Undertakes special studies and investigations as requested by senior management or those that are self-directed
- aintain and discusses Cost Center reports with sales team members of the management team
- Tracks and reports on key financial activities to the Country Controller Adhoc basis
- Assures company is in compliance with accounting pronouncements and governmental requirements
- Enhance and maintain planning and budgeting systems/processes partnering with sales planner team (located in North America or Europe)
- Review monthly variances and trends and work with Country Controller on ways to improve the business
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree Required; prefer degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration; MBA preferred.
- At least 7 years of finance business partnering, accounting and finance professional work experience.
- Knowledge and work experience based on IFRS or other policies (e.g. US GAAP, JGAAP)
- Experience and knowledge of SAP and BPC preferred
- Work experience in globally operated company (e.g. Japan based foreign company)
- Bilingual (Japanese native & business level English) in speaking, reading and writing
- Strong computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Knowledge of accounting terminology and definitions as well as overall PL view
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 20%, domestic and international travel
- Understanding and working in past organizations having centralized and decentralized structures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and perform effectively in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills and proactive communication
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and strong follow through required
9:30-18:30 (Flex applicable), Remote work
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance, Analyst